Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 12 months this will be the 3rd time someone has decided to vent anger on my car!:(

Rang the Police, they didn't care even though there is glass all over the road from both my light and what looks like a glass bottle.:mad:

Cars being sold end of. Its the nicest looking car on the street and for it "only being a 147" it attracts too much unwanted attention from yoofs who think its a much more expensive car than it is.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
oh man, that sucks.

if its any comfort, at least a tail light is relatively cheap and easy to replace, had they hit the bodywork below or above, it would be a much more expensive repair.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£15 got me a new light off ebay:lol: the paint is chipped though but a wee touch up pen will sort it out.

Its not the action that annoys me, its the thought behind the action that angers me.

To be honest i've got a sneaky feeling it was a cyclist looking revenge:lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Failing that are any of the local cyclists looking particularly pleased with themselves at the moment ?
Exactly what I was thinking ;)

Jamz, it was only the other day you were boasting of how many you had run over - but now you're complaining of one little smashed tail light? Maybe you'd do best to upgrade to a Range Rover with bullbars :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jamz, it was only the other day you were boasting of how many you had run over - but now you're complaining of one little smashed tail light? Maybe you'd do best to upgrade to a Range Rover with bullbars :thumbs:
Bullbars would only leave residue all over the RR, I like the 147 its nose is low and scoops them up and over:lol:

Sorry to see this Jamz , dont go getting rid of it , you know you will regret it in the end :cry:
I know i would regret it but my bank account would love it:lol: i feel the need for something a more diesely and a motorway muncher as i've stuck 20k miles on the 147 in 10months and it really hasn't enjoyed it.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I know the feeling. My Merc (a 1994 E220 Coupe) has been damaged three times by drunken yobs since I got it in January.

Gladly I got it all sorted easily and identified and got compensation from the said yobs. Well I am a policeman after all. :tut:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Rig up a cheap cctv system,even a little wireless pin hole camera in the car powered by the fag lighter.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My car got vandalised the night before Christmas eve 08, two pointless dents probably done with a screw driver and a smashed window ho ho something ho! they didn't take even take anything.

My neighbour has had so many windows smashed he's only got one tinted window left! and the estate agent said it was a nice area...!

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to add insult to injury yesterday i recieved my new rear light via ebay. Described as perfect condition. When i opened it, the indicator cap was broken inside but thought its just been damaged in transit then on closer inspection, I noticed that one of the bolts that hold it onto the car has been ripped off it.:rolleyes:

Ebay at its finest. So had to order another one from AutoLusso.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts