Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(:( successfully drained down my gear box oil and put new 75/90 in but gear change still crunching ( worth a try for only cost of oil ) so now looking at a new Gta box with Q2 that should do it, every cloud and all that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My existing one does not but an Alfa mechanic says he can get a gta box and fit a Q2 diff as well.

·
Vendor
45,822 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
May be worth taking the end cover off the gearbox, I had a gear shaft nut work loose on my 145 which made the 3rd gear crunch and fly out of gear under acceleration.
After I removed it and retightened it with loctite it didnt happen again.
Steve

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
That's a shame mate. Guess it probably the syncro then . As dan says no need for a new box as they can refurb and repair yours and put the Q2 in while it's all apart. And BTW the box in your car is a GTA box already ;). You may have 10 hp less than a GTA but other than that its the same powerplant and drive train :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah joss agreed I'm going to send it to dan I think kind of a blessing really as I wanted the Q2 done anyway I'm a little excited now most people say the Q2 is perfect for v6 engine

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
They are good. Makes corners much more enjoyable with less understeer and decent traction to pull you out the other side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts