Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I bouth my Brera few months ago and just had only one chromed bar in the front. I was looking for a new one but it's a bit expensive for a piece that often drops or just get lost (40-80 £)

So, I tought I could aks someone to create a 3D model of this piece and share it in the forum juts to make it easier to get. Somehow, I don't know if it's a good idea or not. I'm new in the forum but could't find any post talking about this tiny piece in 3D.

Do you think it's a good idea? Had anyone tried before? Any help to find any 3D artist who can offer a budget?

Vehicle Car Plant Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
Brera 2.2JTS
446 Posts
Just my thoughts on this (and yes I 3D print and model) but getting the finish anywhere near chrome on a 3D printed part plus paying for the 3D print itself (let alone the time to create the model) you'd probably be looking at £40 for a 3D printed version that would look anywhere half decent.

There is a company in the UK that sprays a chrome-like finish onto anything (would have to google them... for the life of me I can't remember their name)

Would a second hand part not suffice and be more economical?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just my thoughts on this (and yes I 3D print and model) but getting the finish anywhere near chrome on a 3D printed part plus paying for the 3D print itself (let alone the time to create the model) you'd probably be looking at £40 for a 3D printed version that would look anywhere half decent.

There is a company in the UK that sprays a chrome-like finish onto anything (would have to google them... for the life of me I can't remember their name)

Would a second hand part not suffice and be more economical?
Actually I wanted to know if it's possible and if it's woth the try. I knew the chrome paint is difficult to get and also have a proper job done, but I couldn't find any artist / shop to get rid of it.

I saw the price of new a new one of this things and it's worth 40 pounds every one + delivery costs. Also they are not common enought so you have to look for another shop if you lose any of them again.
Someone told me they often get lost, that's why I though a 3D print would be worth.
The chrome paint may be the hard part. Maybe just painting it with metallic or mate paint would be okay than not having anything.

Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree 3d printing would take some working out and finishing it in chrome could be way more expensive than a part, have you tried breakers?
Don't know what it is sry. My english still not good enough. If you say about take it from a crashed car, they usually only sell the frontal bumper and can't only pick this piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts