Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Bit optimistic ! Not a bad price though.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Didn't Adie at AHM get 400bhp out of a NA GTA engine? ... but just a remap -> 370bhp ?? don't think so ...

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
probs put a '3' instead of a '2'. still a bit optimistic though, even at 270 (assuming only a remap). Looks like a bit of a dog to me. Is that a reflection or a 'orrible long scratch at the front of the bonnet on the right hand side?
Never seen a remap give that much! :lol:

Sure it's a typo. I havent ever seen a GTA pull more than 265BHP from just a remap.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Is that yet another 156 GTA for less than five grand Joe? :p

·
Registered
678 Posts
probs put a '3' instead of a '2'. still a bit optimistic though, even at 270 (assuming only a remap). Looks like a bit of a dog to me. Is that a reflection or a 'orrible long scratch at the front of the bonnet on the right hand side?
Very nice wheels you have there Bacon. Are they BBS CHs? What size are they?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Didn't Adie at AHM get 400bhp out of a NA GTA engine? ... but just a remap -> 370bhp ?? don't think so ...
You will only get that by converting it to a 3.8

Roger Evans is racing his GTV V6 3.8 mapped to around 350bhp and that is proving to be enough for FWD. The RWD guys are pushing the 3.8 closer to 400.

You will never get close to that power with a N/A 3.2

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

Roger Evans is racing his GTV V6 3.8 mapped to around 350bhp and that is proving to be enough for FWD. The RWD guys are pushing the 3.8 closer to 400.

You will never get close to that power with a N/A 3.2
Is that Peak Alfa Roger?

god that engine looks cool!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Which is exactly why I said a GTA engine rather then specifying the capacity ... ;) (because I couldn't remember what it was ... and if I misquoted I'm sure someone would have been along to correct me :lol:)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never seen a remap give that much! :lol:

Sure it's a typo. I havent ever seen a GTA pull more than 265BHP from just a remap.
Thats because, most of the people that remap cars haven't got a clue of what they are doing.
Also they dont do basic checks such as check the timing to see if it is right.
People should always make sure that the engine is 100% spot on as standard before they modify it.

I guess i'm off topic, i might make a new thread on remaps.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Very nice wheels you have there Bacon. Are they BBS CHs? What size are they?
Hi E.E. Thanks mate. They are indeed BBS CH's and they are 19x8.5's. Not bad for £320 for the set with part worn tyres. They needed a refurb tho. Gotta use wobbly bolts tho which im not keen on but have had no probs, ahem, so far. :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Thats because, most of the people that remap cars haven't got a clue of what they are doing.
Also they dont do basic checks such as check the timing to see if it is right.
People should always make sure that the engine is 100% spot on as standard before they modify it.

I guess i'm off topic, i might make a new thread on remaps.
Who is good at remapping? I was talking to a tuner who advertises on some of the italian sites and they didn't have many good things to say about the competiton. I won't mention any names I took it all with a pinch of salt since I have no experience of these things.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi E.E. Thanks mate. They are indeed BBS CH's and they are 19x8.5's. Not bad for £320 for the set with part worn tyres. They needed a refurb tho. Gotta use wobbly bolts tho which im not keen on but have had no probs, ahem, so far. :thumbs: :)
£320! For one if my all time favourite wheel designs in 19 inch plus tyres!

Where did you get them from?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who is good at remapping? I was talking to a tuner who advertises on some of the italian sites and they didn't have many good things to say about the competiton. I won't mention any names I took it all with a pinch of salt since I have no experience of these things.
I don't know really the answer, I'm starting a new thread on this subject. Lets hope that we will be enlighted.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
£320! For one if my all time favourite wheel designs in 19 inch plus tyres!

Where did you get them from?
Thats right. I got them through Pabloss on here, his mate had them on a 156 and just wanted rid basically, im thinking the price of tyres may havehad something to do with it. :D :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts