Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I wasn't lucky enough to be able to afford it, let alone qualify to buy one. But the real thing is here at the Thailand Int'l Motor Expo. (And it is sold.)

Maybe difficult to spot the car, but here:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Full of carbon fiber...

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Beautiful seats.........and girls.

Not sure about the carbon wing mirror - the Max Power brigade will like it though.

Brake discs look pretty fancy too.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think one can get away with carbon mirrors on a black car. This is one of those cases. :D

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Love the car, except for two things:

a. don't like the striping but Ferrari deliver without striping as well, so there is no prob.
b. Ferrari should have placed leds as a rev indicator in the steering wheel like on the F1 cars. Missed opportunity frown

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>Love the car, except for two things:

a. don't like the striping but Ferrari deliver without striping as well, so there is no prob.
b. Ferrari should have placed leds as a rev indicator in the steering wheel like on the F1 cars. Missed opportunity :(</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hans

Agree on the first.
And the second.
But seeing as its a purists driving car,shouldn`t it also be a manual?
:D

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
That thing looks fast even standing still...

Too bad that it'll probably end up in the hands of someone with the money but not the taste... frown

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Spiderman:
<strong>Hans

Agree on the first.
And the second.
:D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It should have been offered in manual, like a GT3 or GT3 RS. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
798 Posts
IT IS A MANUAL. Clutchless manuals are still manuals.

And old manuals are a thing of the past!

Move forward everyone! Who wants to spend half a million dollars on a car that stalls?!

If you really want to be a purist why don;t you get a manual car that you have to wind up by hand before you can drive it?! LOL!

:p

·
Registered
400 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Spiderman:
<strong>Hans

Agree on the first.
And the second.
:D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It should have been offered in manual, like a GT3 or GT3 RS. :rolleyes: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">give me a CLUTCHLESS manual ANYTIME.... manual is passe... moving up the chain of EVOLUTION for car transmissions, the only way to go is the SMG/SELESPEED/CLUTCHLESS MANUAL route...

cheers!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I'd still like a clutch pedal which would over ride all other controls just to smooth things out when driving in traffic.....and for standing starts

The Selespeed highlights that problem 'cause it doesn't release the gear quick enough when you come to a stop and is definitely not as smooth as I can drive with a manual gearbox in traffic.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Sorry guys,but to me using a clutch is an integral part of the driver/car interface.
I love the feel of the gears meshing,and being the one in control.
To me semi autos,SMG,selespeeds,etc are the thin end of the wedge that will,see us with automatic ,fly by wire steering and speed control.
Surely a pedigree sports car like the 360 CS Stradale is about removing the layers of intervention,so driving it feels like an extension of your very soul?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>a. don't like the striping but Ferrari deliver without striping as well, so there is no prob</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The striping is a £3,500 optional extra!!!
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
We live in 2003 and however much I loved my manual shift Alfa's, the Selespeed sort of gearshifting is the future. whether we like it or not. Computers are taking over every aspect of driving and flying ever since the Apollo flights to the moon. Remember that computers brought us Alfa looneys together from all parts of the world !!! wink

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Sorry... [drool] where is the car?

·
Administrator
47,147 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McGuinn:
<strong>Sorry... [drool] where is the car?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ba dum tish :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pascs:
<strong>I'd still like a clutch pedal which would over ride all other controls just to smooth things out when driving in traffic.....and for standing starts

The Selespeed highlights that problem 'cause it doesn't release the gear quick enough when you come to a stop and is definitely not as smooth as I can drive with a manual gearbox in traffic.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed.

Selespeed is great on long drive or back roads with light or no traffic. City driving (even in "City" mode), I can drive a conventional manual smoother than I can with Selespeed. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
The girl behind has a Maserati logo, which cars did they showcase there??

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Antonio Chico:
<strong>The girl behind has a Maserati logo, which cars did they showcase there??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be the 3200 Spider:

And I'm not going to show those new rear lights! rant

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wisrute B.:
<strong>And I'm not going to show those new rear lights! rant </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No - those brake calipers are bad enough!
eek!
Is it for the well heeled Max Power reader??
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A well-heeled max power reader would be the owner of a Ferrari 360 I saw last week, having the OEM brakes (made by Brembo) changed to an even bigger Brembo kit. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts