Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I was having real problems with the 330mm brembo's on my GT v6 this weekend. I was struggeling to get them to bleed and when I finally released a massive cloud of bubbles I found it still wasn't perfect. I was having to pump the brake pedal before getting any pressure.

I found that the rigid line behind the drivers caliper was leaking quite badly. During re-assembly I had difficulty getting the passenger side rigid line to seal too but I got it eventually.

I made up a new section of rigid pipe and bolted it in but the thread on the caliper failed long before it was even remotely tight enough and the leak got faster and faster as I was tightening it up.

My calipers are not in the best shape but what struck me as odd was that the hole that the union bolts into is not at a 90 degree angle. The unions always bolt in at a slight angle to the back of the caliper. Is this normal?

Also the area around the shoulder of the fluid line was badly pitted and broken away. I know this is not normal.

I believe I can helicoil the calipers but if the fluid line in isn't straight I still don't think it is ever going to seal.

I think my calipers are effectivly scrap and I am looking at replacement options. Does anyone know if the 330mm kit for sale on Alfisti.net are like for like replacements for the 330 calipers? They are advertised as a 305mm upgrade kit but would they suit as a replacement set? That is the cheapest I can find them.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Alex,

For the sake of speed in getting the car back up and running I have just bought the set from Alfisti.net. They are also supplying me with a set of brake hoses which does away with the small copper pipe. I am going to sell the old ones as spares or repairs. I have a feeling they have been butchered in the past and I have just fallen foul of that. The unions didn't go in straight so it was near impossible to stop the rigid lines leaking behind the unions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts