Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me with my question.

I have tried searching but the first 50 results didn’t come up with anything and the next few pages seemed irrelevant...

Now I have found a set of Teledials... On the to do list is converting to 330mm brakes and some have come up for sale recently. The seller thinks I will need front hub uprights they have - but I don’t think I need to.

Can anyone confirm what’s actually needed along with the callipers? They are coming with discs, pads (probably change them), braided lines and bolts. Is the mounting bracket a separate item or part of the calliper? Am I right in assuming the uprights aren’t needed?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
yes along as hes removed the caliper carrier bracket from original leg and the bolt spacing are the same .im not aware of a carrier difference between 305 and 330mm legs.. ask Pud237

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 330 callipers are radially mounted on right-angle adaptor brackets (with the two big allen bolts) that then bolt to the standard GTA uprights. In the same place as the lug mounted 305 callipers.

As far as I can remember… :)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
99% certain they will go straight on where the 305mm were. When Alfa carried out the 305 to 330 upgrade on my first GTA, was just the callipers / discs / pads and poss. lines.

Only need the hubs if you were fitting them to say a GTV / non 156 GTA etc...

·
Vendor
46,732 Posts
If you have a GTA with the original 305mm brakes and you want to fit 330mm brakes, you just need the 330mm calipers, the radial-mount brackets, the big allen bolts, discs & pads. Hoses are the same, hubcarriers/uprights are the same.

If it was a Twinspark, 2.5 or diesel then you would need the hub carriers and you'd have to mess about with hub flanges, bearings, hoses, track rods etc also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts