Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to get my GTA wheels refurbed and the guys doing it have offered to powdercoat my front 330 calipers for next to nothing.

Downside is that I must completely strip them myself... so I want to replace the O-rings, piston boots, etc etc. Might also replace the pistons themselves.

Anyone have some part numbers / sources? I've seen some kits for other Brembo calipers that include new piping, screws etc etc. That would be very nice.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Big Red do a full 330mm overhaul fit.

Flea Bay will also find you new cross over pipes, and bleed nipples which will be useful. You could leave the existing bleed nipples in, have the lot coated, then remove the old nipples and fit new ones,

C

·
0 Posts
I had a go at a set of 330's on mine a couple of years ago. I just replaced the dust seals and cleaned up the pad seats - dust gets under them making the brakes squeal or, worse, seize.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Chris. I've got the Big Redd seals etc in my possession now. I can see you were brave enough to split the calipers. I've been advised not to as the bolts often snap, leaving you with a steel stud in an ally body (ie buggered). Any thoughts? I do have center punches / easy outs etc, but not sure if it's worth the risk.

Thanks again

C

·
0 Posts
The bolts were F tight iirc but you risk rounding the bolts off that hold the brake pad seats in if you don't split them. There may also be an issue with getting a hex bit in there with them being powder coated - it could cause someone to use the wrong size resulting in a rounded off socket.

It's been a decent amount of time since I've looked at a 4 pot though.

However the 305's on my Gta are squealing like pigs so I'm sure I'll be reminding myself shortly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts