Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening Alfa people. First off I'd better make clear I'm an old school Audi man, I have an S2 coupe, T85 90Q and a 10V coupe. I've been a user over on the Audi forums for years, so have some idea of etiquette.

I've been pulling some scrap cars out of a field for a friend and came across this example.

Now to the point the car is minus it engine and wheels as well as some other bit's and bobs and has been stood for sometime so is beyond repair IMO. I know these are rare cars so I thought I'd stick it up on here as I dare say there's a lot of useful and hard to obtain parts on the car and I'd like people to have the chance to get their hands on them before I scrap the car.

I'll make it clear now I'm not a trader of any sort, I'm a carpenter by trade but cars are my passion and I do a bit of mechanical work on the side, which is quite often at the moment as the building trade has really suffered in the current economic climate.

I wanted to start a thread in the classified section but can't due to being a new member and time is of the essence as said mate wants shot of this car ASAP, well his wife does really. Hence me posting in this section as well as the Newbi intro section.

My apologies in advance to the mods, as I dare say I'm acting outside the rule's, but knowing how hard it is to find parts for my old Audi's I dare say some 33 Sportwagon owners would appreciate the chance to acquire parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know:cry: It pains me having to scrap her but as I've said it's just a bit too far gone for me to do anything with and I have two Audi quattro projects on the go also limited space otherwise I'd try and save it.

I'm open to selling the poor old girl whole to someone who wants to restore it or wants it for a spares car.

If the worst come to the worst I'll pull as many useful parts of it as I can before weighing it in.

It's got to be gone with a couple of weeks tops and that took some persuading.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm sure the mods can move the thread if they feel it's inappropriate/in the wrong place. I think it's pretty decent of you to join a forum to give its members the opportunity.

I hope someone can make use of it or restore it, you don't really see these any more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leave this for a couple of days to get some interest, not always alot of us sud/33 owners on alot of the time. so hopefully they will pop on and see this in the next few days!
Cool, will do.

Glad I've not upset anyone by jumping straight in with an advert.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Blimey!!!!! Rare as hen's teeth!!

K

·
0 Posts
well done for putting it on the forum for people to have the chance to save her :thumbs: i'm sure someone will ;)

out of interest, have you poked your head underneath to see how rusty it is? the front jacking points are a good indicator on condition, plus the inner wings & sills.
will give a better idea of if it is salvageable, but judging by the pictures it looks pretty good! :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
it doesn't look that bad, does it :confused:

bodywork wise anyway, the underside will be the key ;)

been off the road since oct '96 though :(

·
Registered
6,715 Posts

kev im sorry to say this, but if i move out near your way and you buy that car. you will be seeing alot more of me! :lol:
and if that doesnt put you off... :D

·
Registered
5,250 Posts

Bodywork looks great considering where its been for 13 years and where do you get front badges that good ?, I want one. :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts