Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making some repairs on my heating system on my 33, i manage to get the heater core and it´s blocked so i need a new one but i´m having problems finding it.
I search for some place to buy one or some similar core from another car that could fit 33
Any ideas_?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Did you manage to find one of these Penal?

I can imagine driving without the front windscreen heater is kind of impossible in this current cold humid weather.
mine just mists up without the heater on full (not much comes out of the front dash when its on full:()

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was making some repairs on my heating system on my 33, i manage to get the heater core and it´s blocked so i need a new one but i´m having problems finding it.
I search for some place to buy one or some similar core from another car that could fit 33
Any ideas_?
hi here u go 1 on e-bayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATER-MATRIX-ALFA-ROMEO-33-1990-1994-70013-/190754180606?hash=item2c69d5cdfe

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to repair my heater. When driving in the city its all warm and confy but in the highway cold air enters and blows inside the car.
How can i solve this if there is any way to do that

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You can try to check the operation of all air duct flaps of the heater box.
If they're working properly the heater matrix has lost it's efficiency
(e.g. some of the core pipes are partly or fully blocked, or there might be
limescale deposit inside)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The thermostat is good, 80 - 85 degrees during highway driving, i think it´s the Flap that is on the top of the heater box that fails, i put duck tape in the holes down the wipers and no more cold air enter the cabin.
The core also lost some efficiency but i think it will get better because the sistem it´s still with some deposits inside the core, i changed the water 1 time and some dirt still get cleaned when engine works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts