Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, from Barcelone, Spain. ( Sorry for my english )

I´m the new owner of Alfa 33 Imola 94, white colour, sharing garaje with Alfa 156 GTA.

many questions about this model , I will go over and read posts.

Regards !

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !

I am lost with the issue of suspensions.
What options are in short springs and shock absorvers sport ?
I understand that the rear are all the same regardless of the motorization or series, but the front in Imola are specific, anchoring turret are 3 screws , although it has more free holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Thanks !

I am lost with the issue of suspensions.
What options are in short springs and shock absorvers sport ?
I understand that the rear are all the same regardless of the motorization or series, but the front in Imola are specific, anchoring turret are 3 screws , although it has more free holes.
Hola,

The three bolt top mount is not Imola specific, all 33s are equipped with this
type of mount after April of '92. I also have an 1.5IE from '94 with the same strut top.

Koni was made sport absorbers for 33s but as far as I can tell (someone may correct me),
these are not compatible with the post '90 models without modifying the front strut.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:depressed::depressed:
Thanks again.
I 'm still looking for if it goes on sale any valid.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Lovely car you have there. The replies above are correct, the Koni sports front shock absorbers are not available for the 3 bolt setup. In fact if you look at the Koni specifications it states that they are only suitable for cars up to a certain chassis number which equates to the last 4 bolt car. Your options are limited I'm afraid but you could fit standard 3 bolt 16v shock absorbers on the front, they are a little stiffer than the other models although they are not easy to find, they are no longer available from Alfa Romeo but you might find some from Boge/Sachs (part of the ZF group). If you have an enormous budget you could try Intrax in Holland :)

The rear shock absorbers are all the same fitment for all models so you could fit Konis if you can find some

1 - 13 of 13 Posts