Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all - As well as my every day 166 i have an F reg Sprint Veloce that is currently sat in a barn ,awaiting a quite serious resto job by me!What is current parts availability (IE Cills ,headlights) like and also ,have a hankering to install a 33 16v engine in it ,just to be different !Has anyone on the forums any experience of doing this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you search the forum there should be lots of info on the 16v conversion. Its pretty simple really. My sprint racecar has the 16v. If you have a particular questions let us know.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
A guy on this forum from South wales called Rich (cant remember his Tag name) has done this as a road conversion and used carbs I think but with programmable ignition. Search under coil packs and my tag name and the thread will probably come up as he helped me.

rsfruitbat

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi, what would you like to know about the transplant? ive put a 16v in my sprint, its not a race car but has decent power at 155bhp and its running on weber carbs from the 8v engine the tough part is making the inlet manifolds!! although i do believe someone is now making these so that would make things easier. There are also other mods that can be made to help with the drivability i.e. programable ignition. Lee

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Lee ,that was pretty much the route I was going to go down ,and imagined the difficult bit would be the manifolds!Someone taking that pain away would be great!
I did buy a 3316v to break for all the bits,but it turned out to be a bit too good to break so I sold it on.Typically ,havent seen another one around since ,and that was a while ago now!

Looking to find a car with decent synchro on second ,as mine is not that good ,surprise surprise ,but really must decide to get a move on or the car will rust away to nothing!

K

·
0 Posts
the manifolds come up from time to time on ebay, keep an eye out and it shouldn't be long before they crop up again, its been a while since they were on last :cool:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If you go on the slightly technical Alfa 33 pages then its someone who posts on there called Gritsop, proper name Thanassis Gritsopoulos, I think. He does the 16V carb manifolds.
rsfruitbat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts