Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brilliant: The National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, Hants (The New Forest) are to hold a 'Alfa Romeo only' event on Sunday 30th June.
Simply Alfa Romeo Car Rally at Beaulieu

It's a good value event because not only do you get to see the show but gain access to all of the Beaulieu attractions including The National Motor Museum (Top Gear, Bond in Motion) the house /abbey/ garden/ Secret Army etc
Tickets cost £10 for adults £5 children (providing you arrive in a Alfa Romeo!) compared to normal entry prices of £20/£9.95. So half price tickets to see the Beaulieu attractions AND see hundreds(?) of Alfa Romeos!

This event replaces the Simply Italian event they held in May last year - quite a few of us AO's attended.
see this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-central/330776-simply-italian-2012-event-at-beaulieu.html
and photos: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meet...48-simply-italian-at-beaulieu-13-05-12-a.html

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Not necessarily, depends how many cars turn up. At last years Simply Italian, (open to all Italian cars), the marshalls selected which ones were deemed worthy of being on the tarmac and the others parked in lines under the trees by the entrance.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Not necessarily, depends how many cars turn up. At last years Simply Italian, (open to all Italian cars), the marshalls selected which ones were deemed worthy of being on the tarmac and the others parked in lines under the trees by the entrance.
Really!... I was hoping it was going to be like Brooklands. It's a bit too far for me, on a "we may or may not let your car in" nonsense. I'll think I will pass in that case.

Thanks for coming back to me :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really!... I was hoping it was going to be like Brooklands. It's a bit too far for me, on a "we may or may not let your car in" nonsense. I'll think I will pass in that case.

Thanks for coming back to me :)

I think that it was purely a first come first served basis. Some marques/clubs who wanted to be sited together chose to position themselves outside the main arena. As this year it is an Alfa only event I don't imagine it will quite as well attended - there were lots of Fiats/Lancias etc.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
PJ3074, don't be put off coming, ( I don't mean by Laurence turning up:lol:), it was a really good show and as written, with only Alfa in attendence there will be space for everyone. There was a brilliant GTA turnout last year.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lisa and I will be up for this. Went in 2011 and was a reat day. Be interesting to see how well it works out being an Alfa only day.:)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Seems like a strange decision to me. Last year's was already a bit underattended - I ended up moving my ordinary 156 down from the trees to the pavilion because there were still spaces galore.

I'll go if I'm free.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts