Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spare set of 305mm discs and calipers from V6. Will they or can they be made to fit cf2 twinnie spider? 馃崁

Registered
you will need hubs as well for a start. Plus depends on year may need different ABS sensors etc.

Registered
As far as I know, the only way to fit them is to swap hubs and shocks and possibly other parts for V6 ones. The easiest way to fit 305s to a Twinnie is to get adapters and use 159 330mm calipers with 305mm discs or use 166 calipers with adapters.

Reactions: Phase3dude

Registered
Thinking about it鈥 driveshafts too. I think the V6 ones have different size bolts at the inner end so I鈥檓 assuming they are different and may possibly be a bit more complex than a simple swap of parts.

Registered
Best cost effective upgrade is using 166 Brembo's, Totally Alfa brackets with 4mm spacers if you want to go for 330mm x 32mm discs. Photos of this upgrade on my TS project. Also easy to do, did it myself in an afternoon, hardest job was splitting the calipers.
Hand tool Kitchen utensil Ratchet Wrench Tool
Wood Personal protective equipment Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Musical instrument

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Registered
@Stu GTV what brake hoses did you use with the Brembos?

Registered
@Stu GTV what brake hoses did you use with the Brembos?
Standard hoses to be replaced with stainless braided hose when they arrive, but no rush as it is not being driven at the moment. Did drive it to the paint shop for the respray which is 5 mile round trip.

Reactions: Nellytheroc

Registered
Standard hoses to be replaced with stainless braided hose when they arrive, but no rush as it is not being driven at the moment. Did drive it to the paint shop for the respray which is 5 mile round trip.
Thanks鈥 is that standard TS ones or did you need V6 ones?

Registered

Registered
Just standard TS hoses. Are you thinking of doing this conversion?
Yes鈥 well similar; I鈥檝e got a set of 330mm Brembo calipers from a GTA with adapters that I need to fit along with a set of braided hoses for a TS.
Automotive tire Toy Motor vehicle Wheel Asphalt

Registered
The adaptor brackets look the same as mine but I didn't know the Gta calipers were the same as the 166 ones I used. Also, are the 330mm discs 28mm or 32mm width as you would also need the 4mm spacers and longer bolts, I got those from Totally Alfa but if you had the tools and skills they could easily be cut from a 4mm thick sheet of alloy, just trace the mating surface of each half of calipers and as long as holes are drilled accurately then they could easily be trimmed when fitted. Saying that, the totally Alfa package includes longer bolts and brake pipe so seem a bargain.
Alfa Romeo GTV/Spider 鈥 166 Brake Calipers Adaptors 鈥 32mm Discs | Totally Alfa

Registered
I don鈥檛 think they are exactly the same calipers/brackets. I haven鈥檛 checked the disc thickness but they are standard GTA and 3.2 GT 330mm vented discs and pads.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think they are exactly the same calipers/brackets. I haven鈥檛 checked the disc thickness but they are standard GTA and 3.2 GT 330mm vented discs and pads.
I bought EBC discs and they are listed as for a GTA and are 32mm thick so if your calipers are from a GTA they should be ok but easy enough to measure the gap, best to check before you start dismantling your TS

Registered
Hello! @Phase3dude I think you would need different uprights from the V6 model mounted to early 3.0s with 305mm discs which are not the same as ones in twinnies/jts. Almost everything, of course, can be made to fit with adapters..Please keep in mind I am not absolutely sure so someone confirm on this, ty :)

Registered
OK same question..... 305mm plus calipers from V6 to jts? Can it be done? 馃崁
Anything can be done but the route myself and nellytheroc chose is cheaper, better and easier.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anything can be done but the route myself and nellytheroc chose is cheaper, better and easier.
Hmmmm just that I upgraded the 305mm discs and calipers for 330 gta kit and now I have 2 spare 305 kit. I have ts spid and jts gtv so was hoping I could upgrade to the 305 kit. This would add the red calipers to the jts and spid...... Hmmmm best laid plans of mice and men....... 馃崁

Registered

Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
1 - 20 of 26 Posts