Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently had the brake upgrade done on my GTA I retained the parts that were taken off the car. Are these worth anything? I have all the parts; calipers, discs, pads, brackets and pipes (I had braided hoses put on). I assume its really only the capilers that are worth anything. I've seen afew on ebay but it never says if they are 305 or 330mm. Any takers? They look in good condition to me.

·
Registered
352 Posts
dont forget they can be used to upgrade on a lot of other cars too not just alfas. people are happy to make their own carriers etc.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Netcom80 - out of interest, how much did the upgrade to 330 brakes cost? I still have the 305's and was thinking of contacting Alfa UK to see if they'll cover all or part of the cost...?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Netcom80 - out of interest, how much did the upgrade to 330 brakes cost? I still have the 305's and was thinking of contacting Alfa UK to see if they'll cover all or part of the cost...?
I have had my car about 18 months now, it’s an 04 plate. I have never had any problems with warping discs over this period and so despite repeated contact with Alfa they refused to upgrade the brakes on my car in full or part. Recently the dealership that sold me the car (Sunwin Derby) lost their Alfa franchise and became a service centre only. To retain my custom they offered me a 15% discount on parts (was 10% but I wangled abit more) and 10% discount on labour. I therefore decided to get the upgrade done, but to spread the cost I brought the parts last October, think the total came to about £550, and had them fitted last week at a cost of £200 both inclusive of VAT. I also brought of set of Auotdelta braided hoses too. I know some people will think I'm stupid for paying but I think this, for me, this was the best way of getting the upgrade. Also, if you factor in the fact that the car is 2.5 years old and probably due for some new pads and discs anyway it reduces the cost even more.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sounds completely sensible to me. A lot of Alfa garages are quoting colse to £1200 to supply and fit, so your way you have saved about £450 - enough to sort out a nice Ragazon back box and centre pipe :D

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Funnily enough I was looking to get Autodelta Quad Tailbox when I ordered the braided hoses. However, about a month ago I was traveling home from work and hit something in the road (I was traveling behind a lorry so didn't see it till it was too late). It shattered my front bumper and cost £390 for a new one and respray. The exhaust is now on hold for afew months :mad: :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts