Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Why? I thought the fronts do most of the braking.

Reactions: CGTVs

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
They are made for GTV 916 but I do not see the point with them (except that they look good) they are not "bigger" (brake surface and thickness) just more wider in diameter so that you need to put your brake calipers on a adapter to fit the brake disk.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I wouldn't bother on my twinny but would like bigger rear brake discs on the v6 as mine rear discs look silly with 19 inch wheels, but I wouldn't spend £800 sorting this.

Surely there is a cheaper option,

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Just for looks, but they would look good!

They would come under the 'everything else is fixed' category IMO.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Surely there is a cheaper option,
The Fiat Ulysse, Peugeot ( whatever ) uses a 295mm disc. The adaptor bracket would obviously need to accomodate the additional diameter and a 3mm difference in overall height. Other than that, everything is the same as the GTV rear disc.

I'm fairly certain this has already been done, but I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe Squadra916 ...

This Fiat Ulysse ( 2.0 Turbo ) - https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/fiat-ulysse-220-2-0-turbo-220-ad5/000003785-1

Found the topic on Squadra916. There is however a problem. This disc is too deep and touches the rear upright. Sorry.

http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/3253-rear-brake-upgrade/#comment-21191

·
Vendor
47,383 Posts
I've got Fiat Ulysse 295mm discs on the back of my 156 GTA track slag. Its a flat adaptor bracket, so pretty easy to make. I think a pair of discs was about sixty quid.

For the same clamping effort, the increase distance from the centre of the wheel will mean more brake effort (like trying to stop the wheel turning using a short breaker bar vs a long breaker bar), however I couldn't really feel if that has translated through to quicker stopping speeds. It might help get GTVs through the brake efficiency test on an MOT though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts