Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok own up... which numb witted plonker decided that it's perfectly sensible to allow 30mph mopeds to ride along dual carriageways?? :rant:

These buzzing little mobile roadblocks are a menace on major roads and anyone that thinks they should be allowed there is a complete lunatic.

Surely if the speed limit is 70mph then it should be a requirement (with few exceptions) that the vehicles allowed to use that road are at least capable of travelling at 70mph?

I'm not anti-moped but they have no place on dual carriageways. :mad:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ok own up... which numb witted plonker decided that it's perfectly sensible to allow 30mph mopeds to ride along dual carriageways?? :rant:

These buzzing little mobile roadblocks are a menace on major roads and anyone that thinks they should be allowed there is a complete lunatic.

Surely if the speed limit is 70mph then it should be a requirement (with few exceptions) that the vehicles allowed to use that road are at least capable of travelling at 70mph?

I'm not anti-moped but they have no place on dual carriageways. :mad:
They are slower than a good racing cyclist Freddie.:thumbs:
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are slower than a good racing cyclist Freddie.:thumbs:
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
:lol: you are quite right!

I was considering mentioning cyclists on dual carriageways again but thought better of it. :thumbs:

Let's all unite against the bloody mopeds!

·
0 Posts
It worries me more that most seem to be folk who have only just upgraded from a BMX :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
All the hoodrats have 'em here.

Most of them grow up and mature into **** drivers too. :(

N

·
0 Posts
See them now and again up here, the biggest problem I have is the regular cycle events run from a nearby country park. Many of the riders seem to think its entirely acceptable to cycle a good 2ft or so in the inside lane of the bypass, oblivious to the chaos it causes behind them.

·
Registered
37,344 Posts
I think it's silly that they are restricted to 30mph in the first place.

I mean a moped doing 40-50mph is safer on an open road than one doing 30mph in the gutter.

Stupid laws

1 - 10 of 10 Posts