Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks into driving my new Alfa 159ti 2.2, and I am so loving it even though part of me did not want to part with my 5yrs old peugeot 307, which was a nice car, but impossible to compete with the 159!
Firstly, the exterior and the looks of the 159 are just beautiful and elegant, every time I parked the car I just kept looking back at it while I walk away! Originally I was undecided on the colour (Red or Black) given that I have a black Peugeot for 5 years, I was thinking of a change to the more eye catching Red, but I am so glad that I finally got the Black 159 it really glows on me. The 19” inch wheels are just stunning even though they will be costly later, but really I have no regrets!
The interior of the car are simply stylish, with the red stitched leader steering wells, sports leather seat, and the driver angled panels and the dash are just great to look at.
The car is just a pleasure to drive, great handling, very stable, the car seems so solid when I was driving and it felt so different when turning. Selespeed is fun still getting used to it, really different to automatic and I still miss the smooth change of gear on the 307. Acceleration wise, my 2.0 307 accelerate faster, but still I guess it takes time to run and for me to get used to the car.

Some Downside:
Lack of Compartment/Storage Space – Map placed behind passenger seats, hard to reach (Previously placed on driver door in 307). Small sunglass compartment can’t fit sunglasses where 307 can fit 2 pairs. 1 cup holder, small chilled compartment (can hardly fit 1 water bottle), small glove box (putting manuals in the boot?). BUT really like the small tray in the glove box though.
Fuel Consumption – Was going for the 2.4JTD originally (hoping that diesel will be cheaper to run in the long term) but decided on the 2.2JTS as soon as I saw the TI, currently average consumption is 16.5 L/100km (mainly inner city driving and short trips) will be happy if I am ever able to get it down to 14. Obviously petrol cost is much lower with the 307 (< 10 L/100km)

Glitches So Far:
Blue & Me won’t play media files at the beginning got it fix by the dealer in a few hours, now working fine.
1 time incident - Remote suddenly stopped working after I parked the car, realise the indicators did not flash when I lock the car. Non of the keys on the remoted worked, locked car with key, unlocked car with key when return, but remote returned to normal after driving.
For some unknown reason odometer kept flashing when I was driving it yesterday (returned to normal today)

No Rattles so far (touch wood), no selespeed issues I guess is still young?

Some questions...
Anyone know if the boot release button on the roof will open the boot when it is pressed while the car is moving? (Was tempted to try a few times)
Any possible way of disabling the seat belt alarm? Front passenger don’t necessary put on seat belt as soon as I start driving and occasionally took off seat belt just before arriving, and the alarm starts going off...

Overall this car is awesome, loving it and it looks so much better then the other cars in this range, will drive it to Great Ocean Road this weekend, will be a great trip in this car  :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Lovely car and in black too good choice. The 2.2 engines seem to have the same Alfa roar of induction of old.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
1) No the boot wont open on the move
2) You cant disable the seatbelt gong, but if you have stopped slipping the car into reverse does the trick (but it will still start when you are moving)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Good to hear you like the car. Enjoy the Great Ocean road, drove as far as Port Campbell a couple of years ago after the GP it was awesome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear you like the car. Enjoy the Great Ocean road, drove as far as Port Campbell a couple of years ago after the GP it was awesome.
I am planning to drive from Melbourne all the way to Warrnambool, just wondering how long did it took you to go to Port Campbell? Been living in Melbourne for 14 years already still have never been to the Great Ocean Road, my friend said will probably take 6 hours just to get there (making regular stops on the way), so would be driving for 10 hours this weekend, should be time well spent :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your dealer shuld be able to disable the seat belt warning by putting it on examiner and going through the internal settings.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My last 2 year old Alfa 156 did the same thing with the alarm, worked fine after a drive. (Dealer couldn't trace the fault either).

Best move EVER !! From a Peugeot 307 to an Alfa 159 .

The 307 is the only car that made me feel sick as a passenger, I can't even stand to look at them now.

Welcome to the Alfa fold!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to the Dealer yesterday about possibility of removing the seat belt alarm and they just say it is impossible because it is well integrated into the computer system... etc etc.

159 is definitely a better car, but for me 307 is my first car (if I don't count the family cars back home (HK)) so I did miss it, just a tiny bit though and well forgotten after a few days in the 159 :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts