Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I'm quite concerned now as i cant find a thread relating to this problem.
I jump in this morning to my 147 and i didnt notice @ 1st but later i notice that theres a few beeps when i open the door ( afaik it doesnt usually do this ) upon starting the motor and pull off to go to work i notice there is 3 warning light lit on the dash upon furthr inspection i notice theres no rev counter, speedo, petrol gauge & water temp gauge levels. and when driving i couldnt see the gear selection ( its a selespeed ). it occured immediately that it might be a fuse problem, but as i'm now at work and the manual is at home i'm not getting more concerned that its more than that..
image of dash can be found here:147_error.jpg
ps: The airbag light was already on. ;(

Has anyone seen a similar problem occur before?
If not i live in Daventry northamptonshire and would be greatfull if poeple can recommend a good garage to take it to?.

tia
Chris

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had something similar when I had a fault with my +'ve battery connection, check all connections to the battery as it may be similar.

Angel Tuning are based near Southam so only 40minutes rfom you, they can diagnose the problem with you with a diagnostics kit.

www.angeltuning.co.uk

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Go along with Gav, head for the battery first is it up to max, power wise. Check terminals, disconnect same then re-connect. How old is the battery? Failing that, search and find as much as you can with fuses, under bonnet, under dash, and so on.Start with that battery first tho'mate. Plugs and connectors, also need checking, wiggling for a start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: went and got 2 new tyres fitted after work on the front.
drive home... all working again. typical. sounds like ti might have been the battery then. i'll keep an eye on it. thanks for suggestions ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had something similar with my 147 some years ago. It was a loose fuse. Can't remember wich one, but it was in the fusebox to the right of the steering column (on a rhd) car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It also hapenned to me a while back, the solution for me was to take the positive battery terminal lead off and put it back on again. Fixed.

Hope yours is as simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts