Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated on this one as I can't find the data to answer the question. :(

I'm thinking of putting 17" 7J 3 pot 147 156 GT alloys on my 3L gtv. Problem is I am getting different info on the offsets for both cars. I've been told that they will fit 2L TS with longer wheel bolts but not the 3L 24V as the discs/calipers are larger and the only way is to fit a spacer and even longer bolts again:( :( .

Can anyone shed some light on this as I don't want to fowl the suspension strut or miss align the steering geometry so much that the tracking etc is all to pot!

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
560 Posts
yep you'll need spacers to ensure that you don't foul the brembo brake calipers. i believe that is the only issue, there should be no effect on tracking or steering geometry just make sure you get the right size spacers and the right length bolts. sorry can't advise on the size of either of those but it has been done before. rest assured someone will come along shortly with the correct offset and bolt length required i'm sure.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again for your reply to this and the other mssg (on the same thread). keep my fingers crossed that some one might have some facts and figures they can shove in my direction. Ta .

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I needed 10mm spacers.......but still 10mm shorter bolts!
I know it doesn't sound right, but it works on mine!
Its to do with the length the bolts thread sticks out from the wheel.....gave my longer bolts to a 156 owner who bought my standard GTV 16" alloys!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated on this one as I can't find the data to answer the question. :(

I'm thinking of putting 17" 7J 3 pot 147 156 GT alloys on my 3L gtv. Problem is I am getting different info on the offsets for both cars. I've been told that they will fit 2L TS with longer wheel bolts but not the 3L 24V as the discs/calipers are larger and the only way is to fit a spacer and even longer bolts again:( :( .

Can anyone shed some light on this as I don't want to fowl the suspension strut or miss align the steering geometry so much that the tracking etc is all to pot!

Cheers Andy
I would love to see what these look mlike when you get them on. Will you be able to post a pic?

·
Registered
560 Posts
i've seen a photo on sportsalfa and thought that they looked good. they had some detractors but each to their own.
go for it i say.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I ever get to the bottom of this size issue and feel they will fit withought stuffing up my steering geometry and looking like a pimp my ride special then I will get them as I love the wheels and think they would go on the GTV IMHO!. Will pos a picky if I get them an ever get this tub out of the garage! Cheers Andy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used MS paint and came up with this for an idea. Not the best but gives you an idea. Any comments?:rolleyes:

GTV 3 pots T2 jpeg.JPG

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one;) where did you get the photo from? Would you know who the tub belongs to or was it just a image you thought was so good you'd have to keep it:cheese: CHEERS!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gotta say i think they look great! I was definitely considering those myself. I have also spotted a five hole version but i don't know what they are off?? (Not teledials)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts

I like those....but better on a 147 I think!

Heres mine with Supersports - http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/P17_SUT/GTV/?action=view&current=newwheels.jpg
That was before fitting 10mm spacers but best I have of side showing wheels, as you may notice they are sitting to far in in that pic and look better now sitting correctly!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bling, Shiny motor. Where did you get the 10mm spacers from? Also I take it you had to get longer wheel bolts? and also again, are the spacers flat or do they have a "lip" for the wheel center hole to sit on. I ask the last as bolts are not ment to hold the wheel in place, it should be the central hole on the wheel. I fitted spacers once on a set of wheels to keep the steering geometry correct but they had no "lip" on them and I was told the wheel would not sit correctly and would wobble when on the move. I have to say that I had no such problem but could see why you would. Curious if you are getting any wobble through the steering, if it's flat spacers you used?

Regards Andy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They look really nice, definitely be better when the spacers on the rear wheels!

Andy i believe you can get 'hubcentric spacers' from a place called performance Alloys www.performancealloys.com and also on ebay. Just make sure they are hubcentric!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that sounds like the term I was looking for and not my rubbish description....Cheers!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts