Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German car magazine Auto Bild has an annual 'prize' for the cars that their owners find the most faulty*. In 2006 the top 3 most faulty cars were:

3) VW Touran - most reported problems: Engine control, clutch and rubber seals

2) Mazda 6 - most reported problem: Rust in wheel arches.

1) Peugeot 307 - most reported problems: faulty breakes :eek: plus various engine problems

I found this reported in a normally very reputable Danish newspaper ( Politiken) but I haven't been able to locate it on Auto Bilds own web site... Perhaps due to my rusty german.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
it'll also be interesting to see how well their customer service centres dealt with the problems to!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
BrianNielsen said:
3) VW Touran - most reported problems: Engine control, clutch and rubber seals
Presumably the engine control is the same as used in countless other VW products, so I wonder where they came? Is there something particular about the Touran?
Good to see the Germans and Japanese aren't infalible. :lol:

The French I can understand though.... :cheese:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes it is good to see the Germans and Japs are not bullet proof. I used to work at VW about 5 years ago and remember there were a lot of small electrical problems with a lot of the cars and vans which the young YTS mechanics had trouble with. VW is not as reliable as it used to be it seems. Do you remember their 80's slogan, "If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen"?

French cars are not as bad as they used to be I think. My mother has a '94 Peugeot 106 Diesel which she bought new and it is still going strong with only routine servicing needed. I had a 205 6 years ago which didn't use any oil or water for over a year! I think it's really luck of the draw........

E

·
0 Posts
Well the mazda can't be called Japanese being a mondeo underneath, so no surprise there.

Quite surprised not to see a Citroen there though, unless they have cleaned their act up in the 5 yrs since my mate bought a Saxo VTS. That truly was a Lemon.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Obviously Rover never entered my Mum's old 25 into these results..... 14 trips to 3 different dealers just to sort the steptronic gearbox !!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think common sense dictated that rovers were left from the list, otherwise we would just have a big list of rovers all in joint first!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Rob 156 said:
I think common sense dictated that rovers were left from the list, otherwise we would just have a big list of rovers all in joint first!
:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
BrianNielsen said:
1) Peugeot 307 - most reported problems: faulty breakes :eek: plus various engine problems.
Doesn't surprise me. The 307 has been coming last (or at least close to last) in the Top Gear annual ratings for a while now.

Did anyone see this site before Linky. I can't remember if I saw it through an AO link or from another source!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
VW has sunk in terms of quality, at least in the US. The Jetta and Passat have sold very well in California, one coming from Mexico and the other one from Germany. Surprisingly I saw both models have too many electrical problems for being advertised as "German engineered". ;)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 estate daily driver. No sign of rust after two years but I did just have to take it in to sort out absolutely drenched carpets on the driver's side of the car just before Christmas.

It was down to faulty silicone sealant in the air con/heater matrix. Apparently Mazda had just recently sent out a bulletin about it and I was the first, probably of many of their customers to experience this. Full dash out job "5 hours - under warranty though" so I leave it at 8am. Two days later i.e. 16 hours later I get it back and had to return the nifty little 147 courtesy car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts