Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I start.

Since I live in a broadband "notspot", I took advantage of the new tech thing of a "dongle" about 18 months ago. Great as it allowed me and the wife to get online at speeds better than 28.8k dial-up, or so we thought.
Service was good, not great, but good enough to use and get access for email, Farcebook etc but slowly got worse. The link constantly dropping, slow download speeds. To the point of being unusable. Did the complaning thing and it improved again. We also found a better place to hang to dongle and it gave ok performance. Again over time it played up to the point of the wife saying, it's over.
So, I look at the alternatives, Vodafone have best coverage of the others it seems. So I call to cancel contract and they offer me a new device, "MiFi". Technically it does sound promising and the guy on the phone seemed genuine. He answered the tech questions quickly without what seemed like reading of a script so i took up the offer, which meant signing up again for 18 months and a better download limit. Unit should arrive in 4 working days.
That was 16 days ago. I called after 7 and was told their was a problem with the initial order and they would post it out, again 4 days and it should be there. 5 days later I call and I am told the I had only ordered it at the second call and the first time had just been a contract renewal without the 14 day cooling off period, eventually got through to someone in Scotland who agreed that there was no sense in upgrading bandwidth when I wouldn't be guarenteed connection with my old dongle. He said he would chase and call me back within 2 days.
Surprise surprise, no call, no new dongle and a peeved off wife. If it doesn't arrive today, then I am calling and cancelling and heading off to Vodafone. If they even try to use the mail problems as an excuse then I am just going to laugh at them. Long rant but its either that or keep kicking the cat.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
dont get me started on 3,

gimps.

I had a 6 month contract that allowed phone upgrades every 6 months (admittedly to a cheap handset) after the first 6 months had past they said i have to upgrade to a 18 month one to get a new handset and that they wont renew the 6 months contract.

I had a heated conversation with a member of staff about this, which ended with me having to ring up to cancel, only to find out the member of staff I had a barny with had signed me up for the 18 months one. Could not believe it,, and a few days later something came though the post wanting a signature to tie me into the 18 months contract.

vote with your feet.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
3 are a nightmare to leave!

I used to have my mobile with 3, when I wanted to leave a tad early I was advised I could do so in the shop. But found out I had a big charge on my last bill, naturally I wasnt chuffed, took me a good 3 months to get my money back! :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
"3" customer service, I could write a whole page on how bad they are, however I wont, I will just say they are ****e :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts