Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to be cool :cool: about it but I can now pick my new 3.2 Ti up today at 5 o'clock instead of having to wait until tomorrow morning so in just 180 minutes I will be trying my best not to grin like a demented cheshire cat. :D:D:D:D
And then doing my best not to get a speeding ticket on the way home.

I might even stop driving long enough to take a quick pic. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice one mate, I have never owned a brand new car but i can imagine how you must be feeling right now:)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
PHOTOS!!!!!!!!! :rant::rant::rant:

:cool::cool::cool:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Pics are mandatory:cool: You'll have some points on your AO license if not;):lol:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
O H M Y G O D ! ! !
I'm in 7th heaven.
I was a bit worried about the colour as I hadn't seen it in the flesh but once David at Piccadilly pulled back the cover I was in love :)
We then went through all the hand over ritual and then I started the engine and love became lust. What a sound! All the way home I could hear it throbbing away, not what I expected at all. Fantastic!

The car feels rock solid as expected and now I've got to try and get my head round the Blue&Me.

I really do miss the auto lights in the vis pack. Not too bothered about the auto wipers or the folding mirrors as I never folded mine. And which bright spark took out the remote closing of the windows. I'm not bothered about lowering them remotely but i often forget to shut them so remote closing was really handy. If any one know of a way of getting it back I would be real keen to hear it.

My biggest worry on buying the 3.2 was the mpg but I've driven back from the garage (about 70 miles) a mix of rush hour traffic through York, then an 80mph cruise down the A64 then cross country back to my home and it averaged just over 26 mpg (26.3 to be precise). I can definitely live with that. My 2.2 only used to manage 27mpg when I first got it.

Only had time to get a couple of pics on my mobile which you can find here

Index of /alfa

But trust me more will follow (let me know when you're sick of me posting them :lol

I also have to say a real big thanks to David at Piccadily in Knaresborough for a hassle free, trouble free purchase and a really great deal on the car. See you in three years for the next one.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Mikeyw we only do Windows Servers, haven't got a clue about Unix. Blooming Windows is trouble enough.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Is it Stromboli like mine?? Looks lush:cool: Great engine too:wow:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a fairly new colour I'm told, Indaco Grey. Was really worried as I'd only seen it in the book but it looks great in the flesh. Like a stormy Grey with a hint of blue (I think. I'm colour blind so don't ask me :))

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
:cool: Wow, looks great :thumbs:Thanks for the pics :)
Did you get leccy seats with the new pack :confused: Wonder why they changed the spec of the newer Ti's :confused:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks really nice!! Congrats and thanks for the pics!!!

I wish I had the balls to go for the 3.2!!! (im at completely the opposite scale with the 1.9Jtdm!!!) However mpg at the moment not that great either cos of the new engine! Started with 31mpg which has now moved to 34mpg (after 2,000 miles).

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Spyder! We were at Picadilly when you picked up your car :D Cool colour mate.

We were the muppets arriving in the red ti and leaving in the Titanio grey 159 after test driving the white spider :D

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Told you already VD - coiffeur pour homme :lol::p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts