Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have left my 07 Spider on the drive too long (criminal I know) and I've killed the battery. Looking for a replacement and can't find a spec in the owners manual for looking.

A Bosch S5008 096 battery looks like it would fit and seems powerful enough based on the little I know, but does anyone out there know the recommended spec for a 3.2 car? Is that Bosch up to the job?

It's specs are:
Capacity - 77Ah
CCA - 780A
278L x 175W x 190H

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Hi

Have left my 07 Spider on the drive too long (criminal I know) and I've killed the battery. Looking for a replacement and can't find a spec in the owners manual for looking.

A Bosch S5008 096 battery looks like it would fit and seems powerful enough based on the little I know, but does anyone out there know the recommended spec for a 3.2 car? Is that Bosch up to the job?

It's specs are:
Capacity - 77Ah
CCA - 780A
278L x 175W x 190H

Thanks for your help!
Invest in a CTEK battery charger conditioner, some bat aid tablets & some distilled water.

Remove it & leave it on charge for a weekend. It'll be revitalised:thumbs:

The CTEK comes with a flying lead which you leave connected. Any future issues resolved:D

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
On my 155, I took the dimensions of the battery box and the height of the existing battery down to Halfords and measured up the biggest ******* battery I could cram in there.. :D That's an 096 incidentally and it's usually fitted to the (Europe only) diesel 155... but anyway, never been short of juice since.. :D

If you lay up your car for long spells at a time (2 weeks) then you do need to charge the battery up periodically. The conditioner/charger (any brand) would be a good investment.

But meanwhile... top up your battery, stick some battery-aid in there and then charge the battery reeeeeally slowly all day Saturday, overnight and most of Sunday too. It could be good enough condition that it will recover.

If it goes flat again after a day or two, then it is knacked and you will need a new one.. but try charging it first. Shame to chuck it away if it's still good...

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help gents
Gave the charging a go, but tried starting it today and no joy.
Looks like a new battery it is :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
RAC battery installation service for spider

the RAC has an replacement excellent battery installation service - you can order on line giving the car model and it gives several choices - I just upgraded a 3.3L brera battery this way. When its flat it saves the hassle of getting the battery home!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts