Alfa Romeo Forum banner

501 - 514 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Here is my brera for about 3-4 months ago. Fire started in left frontlight.
Oh no! That's terrible. so sorry this happened.

Hope the damage wasn't too extensive.
Engine bay burned out. Nothing above engine heads has servived unfortunately. Engine is safe i think..

Bonnet, wings, windows are broken.

Firefighters came quickly since fire occured on gas station but its a major damage. Nothing to repair.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very sorry to see this Rad. Your reports here have been an inspiration to many of us.
Hope your insurance covers you, but nothing can cover the time and parts you've put into it. Very sad.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Very sorry to see this Rad. Your reports here have been an inspiration to many of us.
Hope your insurance covers you, but nothing can cover the time and parts you've put into it. Very sad.
Thanks mczero

Since ive kept the car i did not get much over. Insurance devalued the car since it did not had a service book, it was broken when i bought it, it was cheap when i bought it (yes insurance companies can see early transactions) since i've repaired it by myself and not at the alfa workshop value decreased a bit more..

However money is not the biggest problem. Its the time i have spent on the project.

Bought myself a 159 a couple of weeks ago, so will see if i will move the engine over or just take coilovers and control arms. For the moment i do not have any inspiration at all to remove the engine

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
You must have a very strange insurance company....I worked in the trade for a long time....never even knew of an insurance company even asking about the service history or who repaired it let alone chipping the value because of it. The value when your bought it is also irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how much it would cost you to buy a car the same as yours today.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
He's in Sweden. Sounds like a more robust system.
Ours is all about scams and con merchants.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
You must have a very strange insurance company....I worked in the trade for a long time....never even knew of an insurance company even asking about the service history or who repaired it let alone chipping the value because of it. The value when your bought it is also irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how much it would cost you to buy a car the same as yours today.
Strange or not its like most others. I am not happy, but who are happy dealing with insurance companies. As allready mentioned it is a good system wich eliminates all "around the corner money flipping" workshops.

I bought the car for an amount of money. I repair it at the workshop and get the proof that i did by recieving a reciept. Value goes up.

I buy a car and i need to check that the documents belonging to the car are valid/correct. If not, i can choose not buy it. It is my responsebility to check everything but also decide to buy it or not. Simple as that

Insurance companies can only see the purchase from the stores/dealers.

No modification are allowed by the insurance companirs in sweden on cars manufactured after 1994.

At last cars are worth less wothout any valid service book ? so its kind of what you are actually saying

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
It has been a while.

It has been a long journey and things now come to an end. Instead of brera its now 159 carrying the 3.6engine. Final remap is booked to cw 34.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
102 Posts
That car looks stunning, reminds me of James May's Ferrari 458 Speciale

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm glad that you get to enjoy that 3.6 engine again Rad! After all that blood, sweat and tears you put into it. Not to mention the bulk Krona!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

501 - 514 of 514 Posts