Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well will be on Friday :p

All I'm going to say is that the GT just didn't do it for me, and as much as I tried I just couldn't fall in love with it. Shame really as it is a good car!

I couldn't afford another decent age/spec Spider or Brera, (post 08 revision) and have had both anyway lol, so it was either leave the fold and look at something else...

....or try a 159 for a change! :D

I must admit I'm really looking forward to it, so hope it turms out to be a good car! Pics to follow, although once you've seen one ti I guess you've seen em all.

Obviously it's not going to stay standard for long and as i've finally bought a car from Mangos (Thanks Julian :thumbs:) at least they'll be fettling with one of their own cars for a change hahah!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which engine you going for?
Have gone for the 1.9 Graham. I really wanted the 2.4 again as it's the best balance of power/mpg, especially with the milage that I do... but funds just couldn't stretch that far this time! (3.2 was out of the question :cry:)

I can't believe this is my 5th Alfa in 10 months lol... Nearly as bad as you! :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nice one Mike:thumbs:

Ti's are stunning. Mine was a fantastic car and had I a 3.2 I wouldn't have swapped.

The Brera is something really very special though:inlove:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Simon :thumbs:

Yes I really loved my Brera for the short period I had it! I could never walk away without turning back for a second glance... Glad you're pleased with yours as it does look fantastic!

G

·
0 Posts
Have gone for the 1.9 Graham. I really wanted the 2.4 again as it's the best balance of power/mpg, especially with the milage that I do... but funds just couldn't stretch that far this time! (3.2 was out of the question :cry:)

I can't believe this is my 5th Alfa in 10 months lol... Nearly as bad as you! :lol:
The 1.9 will be a cracker with the mods anyhow

I wish I could have stretched to a Ti but I wouldn't have been able to have the red leather which I love!!!

I think 5 in 10 months is worse than me. I had the GT for 6 months and a couple of 159's before that so you are winning 5-4 I reckon :lol:

what was it about the GT you didn't like? I loved my 3.2 and do miss it but I am not missing the creaks and groans and tramlining in the slightest

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1.9 will be a cracker with the mods anyhow

I wish I could have stretched to a Ti but I wouldn't have been able to have the red leather which I love!!!

I think 5 in 10 months is worse than me. I had the GT for 6 months and a couple of 159's before that so you are winning 5-4 I reckon :lol:

what was it about the GT you didn't like? I loved my 3.2 and do miss it but I am not missing the creaks and groans and tramlining in the slightest
It's a few things really...

• I don't think the dash suits the GT as well as it does the 147, somehow looks lower rent in a car that's supposed to be a Grand Tourer.
  • Dawn's 147 handles better than the GT, and I actually prefer it which kinda sums things up. The GT goes very nose light in corners, and squabbles for grip far too quickly.
  • The switch gear generally is not up to scratch compared to the Brera/Spider/159 as it's a lower quality and fiddly to use especially the head unit.
  • The clutch in the 1.9's have an inherant problem in that they go very heavy and stiff after a few kkk, and as they're hydrolic can't be adjusted. Happens to all of them apparently and is a ''normal characteristic'' :rolleyes:
  • The leather is cheaper and goes shiny quite quickly, and I'm not a fan of the seats at all.
Don't get me wrong it has a lot of things going for it, like great MPG considering it's running well over 200bhp. The boots massive and the Bose is surprisingly good for factory fit. Given time and money I could have made it great with uprated suspension, wheels and better 4 pot brakes, but would never get the investment back...

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I was sat in a lovely 06 plate GT today, black with tan leather. Looked gorgeous.
Could I get comfortable in those seats? Could I chuff. Must be made for very, very slim folk. I'm only 6 feet tall and weigh 13 stone, so no bloater, and couldn't get my back in at all.
And the 1.9 in the 159 is a cracker after a remap. Really pulls well from very low down the rev range, and still returns a decent enough mpg. I think it is a great combination after the remap/tuning has been done.
Handling wise, I have the standard suspension/brake set up with 18 inch wheels and it turns in and holds onto the road much better than a car of its size should do! A physics defying automobile.
Bet the Ti is even better. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
ohh 1.9Ti !! Great car:):cool:
I'm sure your going to love all the gizmo's in the Ti, and the pink red suits you:p

(may see you later this week....shhh:D)

·
Registered
252 Posts
1.9 Ti is a joy even in std spec... Mango modded will be fantastic... welcome back. Agree with the comments about GT interior etc.
Just back from Giulietta launch event in Glasgow... luuuurvely....I want one (as well as 159) :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was sat in a lovely 06 plate GT today, black with tan leather. Looked gorgeous.
Could I get comfortable in those seats? Could I chuff. Must be made for very, very slim folk. I'm only 6 feet tall and weigh 13 stone, so no bloater, and couldn't get my back in at all.
And the 1.9 in the 159 is a cracker after a remap. Really pulls well from very low down the rev range, and still returns a decent enough mpg. I think it is a great combination after the remap/tuning has been done.
Handling wise, I have the standard suspension/brake set up with 18 inch wheels and it turns in and holds onto the road much better than a car of its size should do! A physics defying automobile.
Bet the Ti is even better. Maybe one day...
I nearly went for a 2.4 in Lusso spec as I know we can get 270+bhp quite easily out of that engine, but wouldn't have been happy until I'd made it look like a ti which would have cost quite a bit! :rolleyes:

I know the 1.9 engine really well and know with the right mods I can make it quick enough to keep me happy for a while without too much expense... So in the end this was the cheaper option.

ohh 1.9Ti !! Great car:):cool:
I'm sure your going to love all the gizmo's in the Ti, and the pink red suits you:p

(may see you later this week....shhh:D)
Yeah talking of gay pink 4 door cars...Where's H lol? :cheese:

See you in the Morning lover! :p Hope you've got your Camera :cool:

1.9 Ti is a joy even in std spec... Mango modded will be fantastic... welcome back. Agree with the comments about GT interior etc.
Just back from Giulietta launch event in Glasgow... luuuurvely....I want one (as well as 159) :)
Thanks fella :thumbs:

Yeah that could well be my next Alfa (Sssh don't tell the Mrs she'll chop my whatsit off :wow: if I mention another Alfa purchase this year :p)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
He he.... :lol: News travels fast...;)

"Taxi for Mikey, Taxi for Mikey!" :finger:

Never thought I'd see you in a red 4 door saloon after your comments about my beastie... :p:lol:

Pleased for you though matey - hope the 1.9 can be wound up enough to satisfy the devil on your shoulder :thumbs:

Look forward to seeing it in the (pink) flesh ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 159 with all the mango's mods. Remap, Boost mod and Induction kit and it does go really well. I'm probably going to get the Dynamic module fitted when it goes in for some braking improvements in the next week or so. I think i'm one of the few to have the induction kit fitted to a 1.9.

Good luck with the new motor!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He he.... :lol: News travels fast...;)

"Taxi for Mikey, Taxi for Mikey!" :finger:

Never thought I'd see you in a red 4 door saloon after your comments about my beastie... :p:lol:

Pleased for you though matey - hope the 1.9 can be wound up enough to satisfy the devil on your shoulder :thumbs:

Look forward to seeing it in the (pink) flesh ;)
Yeah we'll see H if she has potential and can make the grade! Managed 235 out of the OPC's 1.9 unit which is exactly the same engine but without DPF and that survived 70k of spirited driving lol :p

I have a 159 with all the mango's mods. Remap, Boost mod and Induction kit and it does go really well. I'm probably going to get the Dynamic module fitted when it goes in for some braking improvements in the next week or so. I think i'm one of the few to have the induction kit fitted to a 1.9.

Good luck with the new motor!
Thanks Russ :thumbs: I'm really looking forward to the ti I must admit...

What brake upgrade you looking at?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Blah Blah Blah....at the end of the day, every other 159 out there is a TI.

Mine, on the other hand, is like "an engima wrapped inside a riddle"....is it a Lusso, an LE, a TI? Like a snowflake...unique onto itself :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine, on the other hand, is like "an engima wrapped inside a riddle".... :D
Is that like saying ''sh*t wrapped in a blanket'' hey Medster? :cheese:

Anyway you've been so desperate to make yours look more like a ti every day lol

So far you've added mat chrome mirror covers and a chrome tailpipe. If it wasn't for the fact it was a lease car and Mrs Medster rules the roost, you'd have lowered it and added side skirts by now!:p

You closet ''ti'' boy!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not the tailpipe as it only arrived today. You can help me tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
260 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts