Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with an exhaust dilemma I have....
I fitted a De-Cat pipe today and have not quite had the result/effect I was expecting!

I have the following set up:
Straight through Full SS system - SS downpipes into De-Cat pipe with straight through pipe into Ragazzon twin pipe backbox. (The only silencer is the Ragga Backbox)
Yes its loud, but it now doesn't feel as quick - the pick up from low down seems slower? Could this be a lack of back pressure?

I was also hoping to get the back off burble....but there isn't as much as I expected? The mettalic rasp was there before the de-cat but now it comes in at 2K revs and is louder!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It could be lack of back pressure - some mates of mine added straight through exhaust on a a 3 L straight six GM engine only after re-mapping could the restrictions be removed. Otherwise the car ran worse.

Steve

P

·
0 Posts
I have a decat and same twin exit as you. Was hoping to get the middle section either with small silencer or straight through.

Where are you based as would like to hear your setup. I am west Sussex.

How loud is it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Paul.

I'm in Somerset - near Burnham on Sea (A bit of a distance from West Sussex!)

It's pretty loud! I'll try and record it and add the video link.

Nick

P

·
0 Posts
Yup bit of a distance,

I am thinking a small silencer.

How do you do an ecu reset?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
ECU reset.. returns the ecu back to the default settings.. the car will then 'learn' how to run under the slightly different conditions.. its a good idea if you change anything on the induction or exhaust system.. or even if you've just had it apart to clean it.. throttle body etc.. but in view of the fact that you have changed the exhaust system by quite a substantial amount you may need a re-map..
give it a go it's free..

disconnect battery
leave for at least 45 mins
re-connect battery
turn ignition switch to MAR
leave for 90 seconds
start engine
DO NOT PRESS THROTTLE
let engine run for 15 mins
turn engine off
leave for 10 mins
Go for a drive..

bit of urban.. bit of motorway

20 miles is about right..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Seadart,
Question. My car was remapped in 2007 before any of the exhaust fettling - not sure if the CDA filter was added before or after re-map. If I do a factory reset will that clear the re-map?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ok I'm gong to stick my neck out here.. The ECU reset only resets the flash memory.. in other words the demands that the engine and YOU put on it.. over a period of time it will 'learn' or fine tune the engine.
Like all things digital it can get a bit up its own arse after a while and a reset will sort it out.. usually..

So I would so no it won't effect your re-map.. but first get confirmation from other members.. and the firm that did the re-map.. I may be wrong..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ever so much Seadart. I haven't had time to call the garage that did the re-map but will investigate after Xmas. I'll let you know the outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts