Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well that was fun, never done it before as not had car long. Drove into single garage with pit, climbed out rear door. Drained oirl, getting filter out was a fiddle to say the least, once in garage could not take wheel off, so finally managed after taking heatshield off. Impossible without ratchet oil filter/ plyer remover. Next time going into a garage, but i am a cheap skate so will probably do it myself again

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
oooo,

I did mine, buy a VAN jack, axial stand - Get a filter remover tool, socked type one is best!

Go under with rubber gloves do what you need to do.......easy took me about 20mins! do it yourself for sure! Just make the sure filter is I THINK 5Nm and sump plug is tight and your coool!

·
Registered
141 Posts
think I just took the liner off. Right hand up through the liner and lefy hand up at the back of the engine.
Once the filter is unscrewed be careful not to tip it as you lower it past the back of the engine/gearbox!!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Didnt take anything off.

The van jack is great, lifts high so you get right under the car (AX STADS!!!!!)

Just bought a tool the fits to a wrench and undid the filter - bit of a fiddle but it easily done!! The wrench was to make it lose, then did the rest by hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts