2,703 Posts
simple answer

YES

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah just found another thread, would seem so

anyone know where to get reasonable chip upgrade (if available) for 33 1.7 ie 8v?

·
0 Posts
Snake oil! :eek:

Better off with a proper re-map if at all possible (not sure you have the kind of ECU I am thinking of) :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Snake oil! :eek:

Better off with a proper re-map :D
:lol: pretty sure you can't remap a 33 ... they don't even have an ECU (well not as we know them anyway ...)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Oh btw all it does is add a resistor into the circuit used by the MAF so that the ECU believes that more air is going through the car than actually is, this then causes the ECU to put more fuel in ...

... basically it's like running your car with a manual choke always switched on ...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
No way, its up to 25hp but only if you have another 500hp under the hood....

The only way to gain 25 hp is to fill the tank with rocket fuel without any other mods...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
May I suggest a product called "HotShot" if you want a boost, it has 50% methanol and you WILL feel the difference BUT don't get carried away:tut:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not having had a fuel injected 33 before (only carbs) wasnt sure what controlled the mapping and injection on the 33! Will have a look on sunday when i get my hands on it.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
It should work in the same way the variable resistance works on the air temp sensor .

The only thing it does is inject more fuel , fooling the car that its cold.

Not really recommended. I had found something simular a long time ago, before I did any engine or other mods on my 33 and I asked Stephan Leneor from Squadra tuning about it.

Bottom line, you are better off buying a chip for it. .....but wait until you drive it first ! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts