Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I realise there are many tyre threads, I have searched but can't find an answer to my specific query.

Scenario - GT multispokes 7x17" Et35 rims on an Alfa 147 1.9 JTDm.

Back Story - Currently running worn 215/45/17's (previously 205/55/16's on original lusso 16" rims (Et41.5) . I prefer the look of the 17's but wondering if a little more sidewall would be the ticket ride wise.

Question - Does/has anyone run a 225/45/17 on a 147 with 7" wide rims, and if so are there any problems with the handling or ride? I am presuming that with the offset now 6.5mm further out than original wheels, the the wider tyres will still clear suspension etc.. As per GTA version on 7.5" wide rims.

Any further related info welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I realise there are many tyre threads, I have searched but can't find an answer to my specific query.

Back Story - Currently running worn 215/45/17's (previously 205/55/16's on original lusso 16" rims (Et41.5) . I prefer the look of the 17's but wondering if a little more sidewall would be the ticket ride wise.

Question - Does/has anyone run a 225/45/17 on a 147 with 7" wide rims, and if so are there any problems with the handling or ride? I am presuming that with the offset now 6.5mm further out than original wheels, the the wider tyres will still clear suspension etc.. As per GTA version on 7.5" wide rims.

Thanks.
I hate oversize tires. Stock dimension is 215/45/17 and totaly ok for 7J rim. In case that you have 8J rim it will be fine to put 225 wide tire. I personally like 205/45/17 on 7J rim. I've made this list long ago, it might be helpful.

PREČNIK FELNE SA GUMOM - diameter of wheel with tire
ŠIRINA GUME, ŠIRINA FELNE RAZLIKA - the difference in the width (example 215) of the tires and the width of the rim (jots)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate oversize tires. Stock dimension is 215/45/17 and totaly ok for 7J rim. In case that you have 8J rim it will be fine to put 225 wide tire. I personally like 205/45/17 on 7J rim. I've made this list long ago, it might be helpful.

PREČNIK FELNE SA GUMOM - diameter of wheel with tire
ŠIRINA GUME, ŠIRINA FELNE RAZLIKA - the difference in the width (example 215) of the tires and the width of the rim (jots)
Thanks, that is a useful table.

The 205 would be a smaller sidewall profile so I don't think I would go for that. Seems there are more tyre options with the 225 size, maybe you're right and I should stick with stock sizing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
On the 156 I had there was quite a difference in comfort between the 17" summers and 16" winters. But could have been the tires of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts