Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I had the good fortune to drive to and from Sheffield late at night. I didn't hang about and the Prius averaged over 50mpg.

The novelty about pulling away in near silence was strangely appealing and the interior was on the right track but lost a plot a bit with some poor quality fittings.

I'm concerned though about how eco-friendly these things are? will they be running efficiently in ten years? I don't know.

One driver in Sheffield gave me a wave from his Prius.:confused:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Traitor! You haven't got a V6 under you r bonet! Prius wave doesn't sound as good as Alfa wave!

N

·
0 Posts
Ahh, the Pious is old hat.

It's the Honda Insight that is making waves at Paris.

Waves of nausea! :vomit:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
cradle to grave the pious is about as dirty as it gets. but everybody believes the marketing hype. and they look utter ****.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That they do.

Today I did Preston in a Civic. Which wasn't bad but when I got home and got into my car ...... It felt 'proper'.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The joy of driving other peoples cars. You get back into the Alfa and know you made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehehehe - had a Honda Civic 1.8 the last couple of days

nice enough but my baggy old 156 felt great afterwards

a lot of these new cars you feel like you're driving whilst sat on a barstool

·
Registered
800 Posts
My next door neighbour has one of those 1.0 and it sure can shift....well it sounds like its shifting

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,233 Posts

·
Registered
15,231 Posts
My experience of 3-pots ends with the Pug 107 and Daewoo Matiz, both of which just sound broken. Does the Fester sound like it has a lead off?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts