Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every other model seems to be marking various milestones over the years. The GTA lot had their 10th a couple of years ago, likewise the GT this year. Why not join the bandwagon and make displays better looking with a 916 :)

Anyone know of any events at all? Or anyone fancy co-organising something?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Seeing as Brooklands always attracts alot of 916 owners why not get in contact with phil ward and ask to setup a 916 marque?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Seeing as Brooklands always attracts alot of 916 owners why not get in contact with phil ward and ask to setup a 916 marque?
That's a good idea.

For my part the missus and I have been thinking of a drive to North Italy next year, you can then take in Arese, Monza, Maranello , Verona and the lakes. Any takers?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good idea for a celebration, equally good thought for Brooklands and yes a tour of Italy looks very attractive, all things being equal count me in for both. Me & son are planning to go to the Monza GP in September in the Spider if anyone wants to tag along...?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Unfortunately brooklands has a no dogs policy. So Stanley and I won't be able to do that. However there are many many more locations, more centrally placed who will welcome us, our children and even Stanley my dog!
I think it's a great idea to do something. I'm in as long as it's not brooklands
:)

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
2015 - yes, I am hoping to have my V6 in what I would term "presentable condition" by then and would certainly be up for going to an event, having never been to any mass gatherings of Alfas before. Interested to see what comes up...
Dog friendly would be good too

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Good idea for a celebration, equally good thought for Brooklands and yes a tour of Italy looks very attractive, all things being equal count me in for both. Me & son are planning to go to the Monza GP in September in the Spider if anyone wants to tag along...?

This September or next?

I'm heading to Spa on the weekend of 27th Sept 2014.

·
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesnt have to be one sole event, we could make a year of it :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Alfa Romeo owners club may do something next year at either SAD or NAD.
Not sure if any venues have been announced yet though.

As for Spaitalia, fabulous event and great track to drive, took the 33 in 2011.
I believe they have a new company organising it this year and it's running to a slightly different format with the track time slots being more varied and shorter than in the past.

·
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Post 7 ?

Each year we could meet at different tracks in the UK. A track day also available. ?
Like your style ;)

I did read it, i just skim read it along with everyone elses ideas and noted them in my brain :D

I know already though that the big main tracks will cost an arm and two legs so maybe see about other places too

·
Registered
277 Posts
If it's a UK event then how about at the Silverstone Classic? I am going this year will bring up the subject with the AROC. An event for those up norf and another down south [west!] might get numbers up. Otherwise join in with another event with a specified area for us. If people want to bring dogs, then a track based day is out of the question - dogs and motorsport are a fatal combination. Sadly been there and killed one at a Mallory Park Radio 1 fun day - remember those?

·
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Early idea, who would be up for a tour from Lands End to John o Groats over a few days?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts