Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My local dealer just before lockdown had the 2020 Veloce in the showroom stickered up with £6950 off and pcp deals too. However, I think in all likelihood I will be VT’ing my Milano or handing it back at the end of term as I can’t imagine it being worth the circa £20k gfv in the agreement and doesn’t make financial sense to buy it at that point.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think Alfa is doing deals - in fact, I'm sure they are. The seller was v keen to get a time booked with me when I drop my car off for a service in late April. The hardest part will selling my existing Milano for the right price and finding a 5kmile ex-demo Veloce that is my prefered colour combo.
Your hardest part could well be getting your car in for a service in late April.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My local dealer just before lockdown had the 2020 Veloce in the showroom stickered up with £6950 off and pcp deals too. However, I think in all likelihood I will be VT’ing my Milano or handing it back at the end of term as I can’t imagine it being worth the circa £20k gfv in the agreement and doesn’t make financial sense to buy it at that point.
Does your PCP actually have a GFV (guaranteed future value), or an OFP (optional future payment)? I thought they were all OFPs in recent times.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I do not see why you would want to pay that final payment though, why pay over the odds unless it somehow has some emotional value to you.

GFV doesn’t mean anything either, car is still only worth market value, if that’s below the £20k on the PCP as the final payment to own the car then it’s walk away time.

·
Registered
883 Posts
SteveeGee said
"I do not see why you would want to pay that final payment though, why pay over the odds unless it somehow has some emotional value to you."

Well this thread is based on trade in values being offered by WBAC and, if I do hand back my two year old, immaculate, 5000 mile Veloce, listed purchase price of £39,905 cost to me of £31000, what is it going to cost me to replace it with something similar.

SteveeGee says
"GFV doesn’t mean anything either, car is still only worth market value, if that’s below the £20k on the PCP as the final payment to own the car then it’s walk away time.

Misunderstood that, I thought GVF was the guaranteed trade in value if you took out another PCP.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I do not see why you would want to pay that final payment though, why pay over the odds unless it somehow has some emotional value to you.

I guess you know how well it has been looked after, regularly serviced etc as compared to a cheaper 2nd hand one which may have been thrashed to an inch of its life.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You're right Leraunch, I know my Veloce has been loved. Although, if there's a nice Ti around the £20,000 mark available in a couple of months I might be interested.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
Who knows, things might be back to normal in December 2021 by the time my 3 year PCP is up. I certainly wouldn’t want to buy a car as unloved as the Giulia Speciale loancar I drove a while back. We could always go down to one car; the IQ.

·
Registered
34,388 Posts
The market could have the Christmas effect of loads of research time and pent up demand as seems to have happened with Chinese dealers.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The market could have the Christmas effect of loads of research time and pent up demand as seems to have happened with Chinese dealers.
As is often the case Cue, your terminology totally eludes me.
I can kind of work out what you mean by the "Christmas effect" but I have no idea what has happened with Chinese dealers.

·
Registered
883 Posts
China has returned to work etc having been able to browse materialistic websites, a phenomenon here at Christmas with kitchens , cars etc. The car showrooms are open again in China. China turns to online car sales as virus spreads
The only materialistic things I browse on websites at Christmas are my wife's Christmas gifts, adhering strictly to the comprehensive list of requirements she has presented me with. Never bought a car or a kitchen at that time of year, may have decorated the odd room but nothing more.

No doubt this country will return to work before too long as the Government will not be able to afford to keep paying workers and I think the current situation is more about avoiding an NHS meltdown, which could be quickly followed by a Government meltdown, rather than saving lives. After all, think of the money they would save if they could get rid of a few thousand doddering old bu99ars like me.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts