Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handed my car into dealer for its first service today and they have a Grey (Stromboli?)/Red 2020MY Stelvio Veloce in the showroom. No info or brochures yet, but car has HK stereo, auto cruise, lane keep, wireless phone charge, and full painted bodywork, don’t know if all are standard. Looked good and interior I thought is a big step up. One minor cost cutting step down noticed though, no fancy Alfa box for tyre pump/goo in the boot, just the pump in the polystyrene.

alfa uk website shows new cars too, but configurator still has old models.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
That tyre inflator is exactly the same in my 2018 Speciale, no fancy box but still in shrink wrapping, i've got a spare wheel instead of the gloop

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmm, mine is a late 2018/2019 build and came with an AR embroidered zip case for the pump. No spare wheel.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mines exactly the same as cue's .. didn't order that option though, it came with it, assume the garage must have gone for that option with all the other stuff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello SteveGee,

Did you colour-coded wheel arches look as if they are different/bigger to the standard black ones or as if the standard ones were simply painted?

On a different note I'm keen to get a price for the FSD struts for my Milano,

BR

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looked the same to me, just painted not sure I like them though, I like the black contrast.

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
At least they are still separate pieces. A neighbour has a Volvo XC 60 and there’s a groove rather than a shut-line and sacrificial arch. Their Volvo would have been ok if the bit was replaceable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went to Thames Alfa today, the new arches are simply the black bits now painted. They look good though. Leather dash inside is nice as is the new gear lever. It is the FSD dampers I want to try.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I went to Thames Alfa today, the new arches are simply the black bits now painted. They look good though. Leather dash inside is nice as is the new gear lever. It is the FSD dampers I want to try.
That's worrying, all the garages I know of around here have had the good sense to close until Boris says they can re-open.

My Giulia was due to be in for warranty work today but I got a phone call at midnight last night explaining my dealer was closing down until further notice.

I trust your visit was essential.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yes...they are not allowed to be open....the Police are going around here closing no essential businesses near me...I was one of them .lol. And I was only there to divert the phones/emails to my home! And the OP should not have gone there either...Essential journeys only....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah a right mission keeping that plastic black... what's everyone using when cleaning those arches.. I got turtle black gel , don't last long...

My dealer called me Friday to let me know they have a 20 Veloce Stelvio in the showroom.. obviously can't get there to see it for a while..

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
The Veloce has climbed a bit in price from the Speciale level and the Sprint lacks some of the equipment which I’d like if I was to replace mine.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wonder if the prices will drop inline with the global downturn, a few weeks ago I was in a position if i wanted to pull the trigger but it's now a pipe dream for me in the short term..

·
Registered
33,697 Posts
I bought mine new and have very low miles on it. Not a big priority to change at the moment for me. I can see that in a couple of years it might or might not be worth paying the last 21.5k off on a ,by then, 15,000 mile car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think Alfa is doing deals - in fact, I'm sure they are. The seller was v keen to get a time booked with me when I drop my car off for a service in late April. The hardest part will selling my existing Milano for the right price and finding a 5kmile ex-demo Veloce that is my prefered colour combo.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts