Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
".......However, it’s not simply a boisterous toy like the Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 or Range Rover Sport SVR. Instead, the Stelvio feels light and responsive, thanks to steering that’s super-quick without making the car feel overly nervous. Added to that, Alfa Romeo has managed to replicate some of the rear-wheel-drive Giulia’s delightful willingness to let you alter your line mid-corner via the accelerator. "

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also;
Most relevant Alfa Romeo Stelvio Awards:

2017 - Auto piu bella del Web - Infomotori - Italy
2018 - Novità dell'anno - Quattroruote - Italy
2017 - Autonis Design Brand - AMUS - Germany
2017 - SUV Category - Auto Motor Und Sport - Germany
2018 - SUV of the year - Auto Zeitung - Germany
2018 - Best Brand - in mid size SUV category - AutoBild - Germany
2018 - SUV of the year - Auto Zeitung - Quadrifoglio Version - Germany
2018 - Swiss favourite Car - Auto Illustrierte - Switzerland
2018 - Best Car in SUV segment - Auto Illustrierte - Switzerland
2018 - Driver's Car of the Year - Carwow - UK
2018 - Best high end segment business SUV - Kilomètres Entreprise - France
2018 - Premio Unidad Editorial - Unidad Editorial and Telva magazine - Spain
2017 - Best Super SUV - Wheels - UAE
2018 - Small Premium SUV - Arab Wheels (Q) - UAE
2018 - Best premium SUV - AutoBild - Bulgaria

·
Administrator
45,315 Posts
This thread is as good as anywhere to put the question:

Does it seem that Alfa have no intention of an estate Giulia because the Stelvio covers that base?

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the Stelvio is , in effect , the Giulia SW. There were rumours in Automotive News that Marchionne had said there was going to be one. After all, the Audi A4 Avant outsells the saloon in Italy. Obviously the numbers didn't work for the Giulia SW though.
And before you say you don't want to drive an SUV, drive a Stelvio.
It's a fantastic drive!

·
Administrator
45,315 Posts
I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say I won't be able to afford a Stelvio QV for about another 15 years judging by the new price.

They don't seem to have gone as crazy with the "this is bloody quick!" attachments on the Stelvio as they did on the Giulia. I'm torn over whether that's a good thing. Being an Aston lover, I'm partial to a wing vent.

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio is 4wd unlike the Giulia so it's probably able to put the power down differently. It's actually faster of the line according to AutoItalia magazine.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
330 Posts
And before you say you don't want to drive an SUV, drive a Stelvio.It's a fantastic drive!
Still won't. It's still an SUV. It's big, bulky and you're further above the ground than what's ideal. Well-handling or not, it's not a sports car.

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And you have driven a Stelvio?
It's around 180kilos lighter than other cars you may compare it with. And perhaps not that much higher than a Giulia than you think.

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to hear the boot organise fits.
No remorse at all. In fact I'm trying to think of an excuse errand so I need to use the Stelvio right now.

·
Registered
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may well go to get my gait analysed for some new running shoes. Left my old ones in Italy.
Lavazza or Illy?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don`t know handling performance of "STD" Stelvio, but I know the performance of Quadrifoglio, and it`s- very probably - better than anything the competition can throw - in the less than £100.000 categori.

I thought that there is a Giulia with AWD? Not so? I seem to recall a description of Giulia AWD/TV system?

·
Registered
271 Posts
This thread is as good as anywhere to put the question:

Does it seem that Alfa have no intention of an estate Giulia because the Stelvio covers that base?
I was in my local dealer this month and he stated that a SW would be along but not for another few years, a guilia longwheelbase (not sure what this is) is in the five year plan along with a coupe, small SUV and Large SUV and an 8C sports car. Whether this is believable or not after that last five year plan is anybodies guess.

Anyway i was so impressed with the Stelvio i ordered one and pick it up next week, cant wait!

·
Administrator
86,799 Posts
...I thought that there is a Giulia with AWD? Not so? I seem to recall a description of Giulia AWD/TV system?
The Giulia is available with Q4 in certain markets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi I was just reading the whatcar reviews and I think they must have got it wrong.
They are saying the Stelvio does 0-62 in 3.8 secs but the Giulia is slower doing it in 3.9secs. Can this be right????:scratchchin::vs_no_no_no:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts