Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Super?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
I'm sure it's brilliant but the styling is a horror show.

·
Administrator
45,639 Posts
Ignoring for a moment that it looks like Freddy Kreuger has been at it, doesn't look the right car to me. The Supra was a big bruising Japanese muscle car / GT. That looks like a small, sleek, sportscar.
Why call it by the old name if you're going to make it a different type of car?

·
Registered
26,136 Posts
I kinda like it.
I think that should make it uncool. Well: me getting out of it would be uncool.
My oldest daughter getting out, now that's an entirely different proposition and I would like to make a call for cool based on that image.

An image i will not share with you.
You have imagination.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
The BMW looks like a Merc. And no, that's really not a compliment.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
When I saw the original concept and sneak preview camouflaged shots I thought it was going to be stunning in a particularly Jap Tin kinda way. But now the finished article is out in the open it's not just a massive let down, it's actually a bit ugly. Which is being kind. It's really ugly.

The proportions are odd. The styling is massively over-wrought. The fake ducts and slashes add nothing but detract more for their pointlessness. Then you know it's a re-bodied Z4, a worthy boulevard cruiser but not one to set the hairs on your neck stand up in the driving stakes. Platform sharing makes economic sense of course but how uncool is that, especially if you get the one with all the other brand's logos plastered everywhere?

Uncool.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,879 Posts
I read it has a shorter wheelbase than the GT86, which may explain the weird proportions and looks. Hopefully, it looks better in the metal. Hope so, as I was rather looking forward to this being a knarly monster from Toyota that's an antidote to electric/hybrid/part autonomous cars :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm sure it's brilliant but the styling is a horror show.
As is pretty much most Japanese cars these days. The new Civics look like a matchbox toy car so ridiculous the styling is. Toyotas too. The MX5 is basically the only good looking new car they have.

Gone are the days of nice lines like the FD RX7 or the last real Supra.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts