Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a new 2019 Giulia. There is an air vent on the driver's side roof pillar, unrelated to the air-conditioning system from what I can tell, which whistles all the time when driving at freeway speeds. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent air flow through these small vents in the pillar?
Thanks!

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
Welcome to AO. If you’re in the US with a ‘new’ Giulia, I guess it’s a m/y 2020 car. Which may have improvements in it - over a 2019 car - that may help the folks here answer your question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding to my post. No, it is a 2019 model. I am leasing it and got it in July.
There are 6 small vent openings on each of the front roof support pillars which have air "whistling" a little when driving at highway speeds. I am trying to find out is there is any way to open and close the air flow through these vents.

·
Registered
32,682 Posts
The side window demist vents on the A pillar trims are unlikely to be something you can switch off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response.
I suspected as much, but the vents are active all the time and make a noise with airflow, so was hoping there was a way to control that airflow.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I haven't heard of this issue much. The HVAC system whistles above 60mph and when recirculation is on either M or A. Are you sure it's not that?

Edit: I see Smarty just posted the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts