Alfa Romeo Forum banner

cool as cool can be

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Supercharged 6.2L V-8 with 840 brake & 808 lb/ft of torque.
0-60 in 2.3 secs

everything has been beefed up to take the strain.

it is a beast

·
Premium Member
77,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What makes this sub-zero for me? If you squint and ignore the MASSIVE tyres etc. it's a nice little coupe. I can do the shopping with my Mam and not be the exhibitionist idiot extricating myself from an orange Lambo.

Then I can destroy the Lambo.

·
Administrator
45,637 Posts
Where's your mam going to sit?

In the full Demon configuration, it only has 1 seat, and bicycle tyres on the front.

If you fit all the seats, and proper wheels... it feels to me like you might as well 'just' be in the hellcat. I dunno, haven't fully considered.

I'd call it cool. But I think it's gone too far into just being a track machine to be sub-zero.

Reactions: cue2

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
You can have the other seats if you want.

I think this is cool because it's utterly mental and yet it comes from a mainstream manufacturer. It's a throwback to the muscle car wars of the late 60s when too much power was just enough. I like it when car makers go a bit off piste, it shows me that they still have some soul.

·
Administrator
45,637 Posts
Yeah, I can see your point.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Thank goodness that in a world of grey SUVs somebody's prepared to build a ludicrous vehicle like that! As the old saying goes, nothing succeeds like excess - & that's got an excess of excess. Can't be anything but sub-zero!

Not exactly sure that I'd call the Challenger a little coupe, EP. I agree with nice, though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
As far as I know this FCA model is actually in the Guinness Book of Records - both for making the longest wheel spin and for pulling the highest G-force during “take off”.

According to Top Gear https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/it-mad-bad-840bhp-dodge-demon :

Quote:
• The world’s fastest production vehicle 0-60mph time.
• The world’s fastest-ever production car over the quarter mile.
• The highest production car acceleration G-force.
• The world’s first production car to fully lift its front wheels while accelerating.
• Been banned by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) from any of its member tracks. Quite simply, for being too fast. ” Unquote.

Absolutely pointless! According to the rules this make it sub zero :smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts