Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 months old. Manual Transmission.

1. Jerk while clutch engagement : N->1, 1->2.

2. Gear grinding 3->4, 5->6. Shifting is not smooth. E.g. when I shift from 5->6, the gear comes back to 5 before reaching 6 from N line. Sensitive to clutch pressure. If it's pressed even 99%, gear wouldn't engage. Have to be 100% pressed. Otherwise, grinding.

Is this wearing out clutch plate and synchros?

Anyone with the similar experiences?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Has this happened from new or just started being a problem?
If only 3 months old what does dealer say? If there is a genuine problem then it will be a warrenty issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has this happened from new or just started being a problem?
If only 3 months old what does dealer say? If there is a genuine problem then it will be a warrenty issue
Initially I thought Its my driving style I got to adapt and try to me smoother on clutch. But it seems like an issue to me since beginning. Haven't contacted dealer about it. Let's see what they have to say. I'm just not sure if its a genuine problem, or the gearbox is built in this way to have this feel to the driver.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
My Giulietta is a 2011 model with 80k miles (128k km) and I have no problem. The gear changes are smooth and it is easy when changing down to go from 6 to 4 or 5 to 3 if needed. I do not find it necessary to push hard on the clutch to ensure it is fully disengaged before moving the gear lever.

I think you may have a problem with the adjustment of the clutch pedal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts