Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Been googling around and found few service schedules for above car.

Does anyone have a definite dealers service schedule for this car?

Asking here as some schedules say big service is every 5y some say ever 6y.
Also I like to know what should be serviced so I can check they actually did it (biker thing).

Thx in advance.

On a seperate note is AC kind off carp in yours as well?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Hi Guys,

Been googling around and found few service schedules for above car.

Does anyone have a definite dealers service schedule for this car?

Asking here as some schedules say big service is every 5y some say ever 6y.
Also I like to know what should be serviced so I can check they actually did it (biker thing).

Thx in advance.

On a seperate note is AC kind off carp in yours as well?
My ac was rubbish too, mine was missing the pollen filter cover so the air was into the transmission tunnel area! A new pollen filter, an end cap and a re-has solved my issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the cover and changed filter few weeks back. Maybe will get gas refilled/checked. Basically it only gets cold when running at 60% blast. If I set it to 19C it never drops to 19 even now.

·
Registered
774 Posts
AW have always been cautious when it comes to cambelt change intervals. Mainly because failure is catastrophic and in 99% of cases requires an engine rebuild.

The manufacturer’s service schedule for the Giulietta is, apart from anything else, a way to reduce costs for fleet buyers by extending the intervals, encouraging them to buy a bunch of Gs instead of Focuses for example. That might work on very high annual mileages, but a 21k oil change interval on a domestic user’s car is crazy because of the likelihood of contamination from many short cold trips. Oil degrades much more quickly in those circumstances.

So AW’s advice is cautious but not overly so and much better than the cost of potential failure, particularly on MA engines which seem to be very sensitive to oil grade and quality.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
The manufacturer’s service schedule for the Giulietta WAS apart from anything else, a way to reduce costs for fleet buyers.
The 18000 mile interval was until 2014, when perhaps the hope of fleet sales other than high turnover Fiat company cars or daily rental cars did not materialise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts