Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Dodge Dart: This Is It

It could be a lot worse. Shame the US market has such an aversion to hatchbacks, hence the ungainly sedan-ified back end, but the front end is actually pretty nice. Looks a bit like the Mk6 Golf.

Engine options are weird, if they're correct - 1.4 TB MultiAir, 2.0 NA non-MultiAir, or 2.4 NA MultiAir. Can't find any figures for the 2.4L MultiAir, guessing it'll produce something around 185-195 hp (it's based on the Dodge Caliber's 2.4L inline 4, which makes 172 hp without the MultiAir tech). I wonder why they didn't go with the 1.75 TB as the range-topper? Maybe they're planning a monstrous 2.4L turbo option at a later date?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I like that sedan rear end :)
In the video they show the rear light effect, and it does look good.

engines are strange.. here's hoping there is a 2.4 TB MultiAir to come...

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,743 Posts
i hope it drives well.

the front is distinctive, but it looks a lot like the front treatment you see on Mitsubishis. The rest of the shape has no appeal at all for me. It's a wallpaper car, IMHO.

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
As 146 was to 145,this would be the basic proportion of the next Alfa if there was any money at Fiat?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi

From what you can make out of the proportions of the Dart, I suspect I would prefer a Giulietta based on it to the current hatch.

If they do a Sportwagon it would make sense to do a saloon as well, given that 95% of the work would have already been done.

All the best

Keith

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Wow, for an American market-targeted car that is actually really nice! Sure it's not as nice as a pure Alfa, but I think it's good that it looks quite different from the Giulietta, as it puts distance between the two models and avoids tainting the Giulietta.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts