Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, just need some help and advice! Basically I want to add a body kit to Mito. One of my side skirts and my rear bumper need replacing so I thought I might as well give the whole car a bit of an update. I like the Cadamuro kit so was thinking...

Cadamuro Front under Bumper Spoiler (Alfa Mito)

Cadamuro Pair of Side Skirts Alfa Mito

Cadamuro Rear under Bumper Spoiler Alfa Mito

Cadamuro Roof Spoiler (Alfa Mito)

then instead of painting them white like my Mito, getting them vinyl wrapped in either carbon fibre effect of regular black so it would look like this (except a white mito)

Alfa romeo mito turbo 155cv Auto usata - In vendita Vercelli

Also want to get my roof vinyl wrapped and the bumper like in this photo, and also my front grill, light surrounds and maybe as well get my headlight clusters painted black?

also got my new alloys today!!

any one got any ideas on cost of all this vinyl wrapping or and instillation cost? or any opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice stuff - looks interesting, and colours sound good. - i think if the skirts and splitters are in bodywork colour it looks too shiny and plastic

Can't help you with any technical bits i'm afraid

but how is the wrap on the spoiler going to work? the cadamuro one goes down flush to the bodywork at the sides - would it not look a bit odd in a different colour?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was thinking about getting the spoiler actually painted white then just having the top strip covered in vinyl

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Hi WM good to see you back mate :thumbs:

Carbon vinyl wrap can be expensive, it depends on the quality and the detailer you use...

Just had some done on mine and although quite a bit more than you're looking to
cover (arches front and rear, sills and bottom of doors, front and rear bumpers)cost me £450 fitted but the vinyl is top quality with a 10 year guarantee.

Damn sight cheaper than a respray though and no stone chip damage anymore :thumbs:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi mate, how much would spraying it cost do you reckon? and how much if i just got in plain black vinyl covered?- just want some sort of general figure so i don't get ripped off! plus you will have to put photos up, sounds good what you have done

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
hi mate, how much would spraying it cost do you reckon? and how much if i just got in plain black vinyl covered?- just want some sort of general figure so i don't get ripped off! plus you will have to put photos up, sounds good what you have done
Not finished yet got to put the skirts and rear diffuser on when I get the inclination to :rolleyes:

Going to spray the side skirts myself in satin black to start with just to break the carbon vinyl

You'd be looking at about a ton all in (top whack) for the roof to be done...
Bloke who did mine did a white 500 roof in gloss black and it looked the dogs danglies when
he'd finished :thumbs:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going to visit a local shop tomorrow and see if i can get some kind of quote for all the work, hopefully won't be TO much. if it is might try and vinyl it myself, worth a go!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i do really! don't go back to uni until February, and only work 3 nights a week. probably go crazy unless i do something!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw , you know the scraper thingy under the car at the front? Is that just held on by glue or by bolts because mines hanging down at one side!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
It's held on by staples i believe! I lost mine and haven't had mine on for more than a year now with no problems or noticable stability issues.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so if i want it off do i just rip it off? or should i wait until its in the shop and ask them to do it? constantly scrapes (LOUD)on the rough roads around me and gets a lot of looks haha

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
will get it off tomorrow when its light then!

just got this..

i asked for a quote off a graphic company i used for my side decals, but they wanted £144, because they would have to do a lot of research to make it fit right etc, so i thought i might as well get the proper one

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts