Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am hoping to get some thoughts on whats perhaps a unique issue. Recently I purchased a 2012 Giulietta that has the QV (or sports pack) add on from the dealer, as part of this it has the red Brembo brakes (same as whats on the QV?).

I have been finding the brakes quite jerky at low speeds, the brakes sometimes seem to do nothing and then 'slam on', at speeds of say 60km/h or higher they are fine. I have done some research online and the best I can find is this post
https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/602-wheel-tires/5522-low-speed-brake-feel-problem.html

The problem described is exactly what I feel, however the car is a much newer Giulia, I assume my Giulietta does not use brake by wire? Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts on it? I have always assumed the problem is with me and not the car but now I am not so sure.

regards
Sam

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a couple of thoughts:
Are you using the vehicle in Dynamic mode? The brake feel does change depending on mode.
You might have a sticky slide on the brake calliper, I think the Brembo's are more prone to this happening if so get a good mechanic to check out your brakes.
First though go for a long drive into the Barossa valley and pick up a couple bottles of Penfold's Grange for me:cheeky:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks MrMin

interesting thought about the DNA setting, I mainly just drive in N, however after you mentioned it (I hadn't even considered) I've stuck it in A and the to me the brake now feels a lot more like my old 147, I did take the car for a run up that way not long after getting it, but it was a pretty tame drive, might need to take it out again.

Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
A is Allweather. Basically for winter conditions to help prevent wheel lock on snow and with rain according to the handbook.

D is Dynamic. Have you tried them in D yet?

The handbook has pages explaining what effect the settings have on the various control systems. Perhaps worth a read.

·
Registered
391 Posts
thanks MrMin

interesting thought about the DNA setting, I mainly just drive in N, however after you mentioned it (I hadn't even considered) I've stuck it in A and the to me the brake now feels a lot more like my old 147, I did take the car for a run up that way not long after getting it, but it was a pretty tame drive, might need to take it out again.

Thanks for your thoughts
I find the brakes very much as you on our 2017 Veloce, they almost feel over boosted especially at low speeds. I notice this much more after driving my GTA and then drive the G. Could it be the compound of the pads on the G as my GTA has fast road pads and stops very progressively and the brake size is the same on both vehicles or is it just how they are.

Allan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts