Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Tough Group for England, but I think they should get through.......:)

Germany, Holland, Portugal and Denmark, is the " Group of Death " this time around though........:eek:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,410 Posts
I thought MVB was about to put England in G2. Was happy when the krauts came out

I think we have a good chance of making the knockouts :)

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All told, and ignoring the rest of the draw for now, England seem to have been lucky enough to have not drawn some of the toughest teams. Sure, France are probably going to be much improved over their last tournament showing, but so might we be. It should be a close match. I think we should have enough to qualify from that group.

Even so, I have cause to moan. For a start..........Poland & Ukraine. I hate these twin base tourneys. England now find themselves based in Krakow, but must play TWICE in Donetsk and once in Kiev. According to some basic calculations using googlemap it's about 2000 miles round trip to Donetsk and about 1000 miles round trip to Kiev. So, are we seriously thinking that 5000 miles travelling is good prep? All the other teams in our group are based in the Ukraine.

Why on earth can't they change their base?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just watching SKY Sports News, are they were discussing the ridiculous travel arrangements for the England games too. They also pointed out its going to cost the England fans an absolute fortune to watch all of their games, and thats just in the Group stage !!!!.......:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts