Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
I ordered mine today (http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...20-i-was-only-looking-honest.html#post3171200) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbs::) - I know, nobody likes a show-off :rolleyes:, but can you tell that I'm getting just a tad excited already, :lol: - and the dealer says that it'll be mid-February before they get pre-allocated their 'batch' of 10-plates from the DVLA. Trust the UK to have a crazy system that means if you register between 1st January and 28th (or 29th) February, you get the same year indicator as you get from 1st September to 31st December of the previous year (at the moment, that means a 59 plate - 09 was from 01/03/09 to 31/08/09, :confused:).

·
Administrator
88,350 Posts
Seen a few 10 plates but no Alfas. IIRC they reged less than 20 in Ireland in January 2009. I bet most of them were Diesel due to all Alfa petrol engines having such high CO2 emissions. I'm guessing it will be the same story this year although the Mito may help increase sales.

·
Administrator
88,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
we were at the Kildare Village Outlet today, & i saw a 2010 159, black, absolutley gorgeous, so i parked my 166 next to her!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
we dont get them till march:rant:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Stupid system. (Having the year in the reg number) :rolleyes:
QUOTE]

Whats so stupid about it? Actually it makes perfect sense.

And no I have not seen any 10 reg Alfas but have seen a 10 reg Volvo S40 which was very nice indeed.

·
Administrator
88,350 Posts
we were at the Kildare Village Outlet today, & i saw a 2010 159, black, absolutley gorgeous, so i parked my 166 next to her!
Diesel I presume ?

Whats so stupid about it? Actually it makes perfect sense.

Not really, for example you have two cars both with say 20k km on the clock, both in identical condition, fsh etc. One is a '08 reg & the other a '09 reg. The '09 will be worth a lot more than the '08 just because of the plate, not much sense in that is there ?

Also because of our system unlike the UK system car dealers have a busy few months at the start of the year then start winding down for the rest of the year until getting orders again for the next year, at least in the UK they have the 10 March plates & the 60 Sept plate which helps spread the business out over the year.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spotted a 2010 Dublin registered Fiat 500:cool:today, I have still yet to see a 2010 Alfa. I heard the new scrappage scheme has boosted Fiats sales in Ireland....e6,995 for a new Fiat Panda? Thats what I paid for a new Fiat Uno in 1990!!! and the Panda is a much better car.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
it'll be very interesting to see how January's sales look!

·
Administrator
88,350 Posts
Looks like they can't even give them away this year, 9 sold so far :eek: The CO2 based road tax has really killed Alfa sales

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
8 159's :cool: and 1 Mito sold in January in Ireland is a reflection of poor marketing by Alfa Romeo Ireland. The Alfa 159 :cool:, in particular , is an excellent product but if the market is not a aware of this fact they will not sell.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts