Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been having some issues with my handbrake for several months now with two separate mechanics unable to diagnose the issue.

When I park and pull the handbrake up after a few seconds it will click loudly and drop about 2cm until it hits the next tooth on the handbrake ratchet. If I turn on the car and move the steering wheel slightly the car will begin to roll back slowly (although this could be because the handbrake is now not fully up)

I have took to leaving the car in gear and lean the front wheel on a curb (if available) however I would like to have this permanently fixed for both my own peace of mind (and safety) and potential resale as I am looking to update to the giulietta at some point.

Occasionally I will pull the handbrake up and the entire lever will pull up essentially missing the ratchet all together and not engaging the parking brake.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Ratchet tooth or teeth worn. Spring under the catch weak. Catch worn. The whole lever is available.

Loads available on eBay for not very much at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ratchet tooth or teeth worn. Spring under the catch weak. Catch worn. The whole lever is available.

Loads available on eBay for not very much at all.
Thanks for the reply, could you possibly link me something from ebay so I can get an idea of what I am looking for?Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts