·
Registered
12,881 Posts
... also is that a set of rabbits teeth on the front :lol:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the love child of an 8c and................................. uhmm.... uhm.... a bad pencil drawing

·
Registered
926 Posts
Maybe-just maybe,if Alfa used the new Giullietta platform they could do something like this,with the 1750TB engine,and give us a smaller,lighter Spider,in the mould of the 916,or the original "graduate"spider,something more affordable and sporting which would attract a younger client.How many of us could afford £25K+ for the current overwieght freeway cruiser they call an Alfa Spider?:rant:

·
Registered
711 Posts
i haven't ever had the urge to buy a open top before... but if they make this I think I will be at the front of the queue even if it only has a 1.3 in it!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very nice, would suit a small, light forced induction engine like the 1750 very well, just hope the price is realistic, certainly "less is more", dare we hope that it's RWD??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks strangely like a BMW and a Ferrari, rather than an Alfa ? I am sure in the flesh it's better. Let's see what happens. I think it's a grower too..

Cheers
Goose

G

·
I'm liking it a lot.

Would be great to see it go into production with a strong engine and a light kerb weight.

1750tbi in a nimble frame.

Yes please.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Reading the press release, a lot the existing technology is existing and relatively off the shelf, they've not included anything unrealistic that could never/would never make it into production (i.e. no brakes made of pixi dust, exotic engine). The only thing I am doubtful is the LED headlights, they've been showing up on concepts for a couple of years but I didn't think they'd yet reached brightness that you could stick in a road-car..So I can't see that aspect coming to fruition for now so I would expect the front profile to change. Also doesn't say whether it's a RWD or not, but the central tunnel looks suitably chunky..They sell that for MX5 money and keep the spec simple it will fly off out of the showrooms..

I appreciate that is a concept , but I wonder what platform its based on?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I can't see how the roof would "work" either, the window frame appears to be completely featureless and I can't see anywhere were you'd attach a rag top too..A hard top would add to much weight and too much to go wrong IMHO..

G

·
IMO, this is the Alfa they should put into mass production.

It's ready to take the 1750tbi engine, looks gorgeous and at last, is a step in a different direction to the unattractive Mito/Giulietta front-end design.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of it.

G

·
It's light years ahead of the Pantsion IMO. It is a really good looking car, I like the way they have done the bonnet, which is reminiscent of the original Duetto. Lots of great touches here, this would be a wonderful car if it had the 1750 engine as Kalel suggested.

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts