Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wondering if 200bhp is possible for 2.0 motor N/A, if so, what would the mods be........?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It is possible! Not sure if from the 2.0 TS engine tho, would get somewhere near!

Head Port and Polished
Lighten, balanced and knife edged crank
Lightened and balanced flywheel
An agressive set of cams
Custom 4-2-1 manifold
Free Flow Exhaust system
A decent induction kit
Stand Alone ECU

I think that would take you to around 190-200 mark!!! Not sure if you would need some different rods or pistons for peace of mind tho! Also, that would be without running the balance shafts, im not running mind and you can notice a difference!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, i have the 2.0 ts motor. The unfortunate part is that im in SA, and getting parts for alfas are quite expensive. However, a plan can and will be made!!! The cams i have to have them cut here, lightened and balanced crank....... il have to do some researching, but the rest should be available at a price.

Thanks for the info langers, much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
200HP N/A is doable, but not an easy feat. Also note it'll only be available at very high rev's (>7500) - hence knife edging needed.

What langers said and you'll definitely also need to increase the compression ratio past 11:1 for N/A. That means you'll need to run high octane fuel from then on.

I did the calculations for 200HP with a turbo - you'll need 0.5bar (7 psi) boost. Garrett GT2554 or Garrett GT2252 should do it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as its doable. Although it may be easier to go the turbo route, i wana keep in N/A, as many cars ie, Nissan sti/gxi, Honda vtec,Toyota 20 valves make good power here without turbos.
I'l keep in mind the knife edging crank and compression ratios and keep you guys posted on my progress.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think i forgot to mention decking the block for your compression, that will see you a good gain! Just from doing this to the pug 206 2.0 gti engine, it was already tunned, but decking the block made another 22 bhp!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
As long as its doable. Although it may be easier to go the turbo route, i wana keep in N/A, as many cars ie, Nissan sti/gxi, Honda vtec,Toyota 20 valves make good power here without turbos.
I'l keep in mind the knife edging crank and compression ratios and keep you guys posted on my progress.
Thanks
Dawie De Villiers from Glenridge motors ::Glenridge Motors:: - Home in Lynwood Pretoria is quite the tuner in SA. Look at the Speed and Sound article (posted on his website).

"Despite his outstanding turbocharged conversions, Dawie makes it clear that his heart lies with more traditional normally aspirated motors".

But I'm guessing you'd like to project manage it yourself, not hand it over with a wish list?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, i would like to manage my own project yes, that way i can learn the do's and dont's. I'm from Cape Town and don't think im gona go to Pretoria although it's very tempting.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
200HP N/A is doable, but not an easy feat. Also note it'll only be available at very high rev's (>7500) - hence knife edging needed.

What langers said and you'll definitely also need to increase the compression ratio past 11:1 for N/A. That means you'll need to run high octane fuel from then on.

I did the calculations for 200HP with a turbo - you'll need 0.5bar (7 psi) boost. Garrett GT2554 or Garrett GT2252 should do it.
does anyone supply turbo kits for the 2.0TS engine? if so what sort of cost are we talking?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Does anybody know whether the supercharger conversion is done in south africa?
Looking at adds in SA Auto magazines -and talk - one deduces there are turbo guys, and then there are turbo guy that do only specific makes of cars and there is very little supercharger expertise. Why supercharger route rather than turbo?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt necessarily say im gna go the supercharger route, im asking whether its done in SA......
Besides that the power ouptut is more or less the same, but with a bigger price difference.......
So one just ways up all the options before diving into something......

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Woul dof thought so!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'v broken the diff of mine already due to weekend snap changing into 2nd on the 'strips' so with more power and torque i wonder............are there stronger gearboxes that fit the 145?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'v broken the diff of mine already due to weekend snap changing into 2nd on the 'strips' so with more power and torque i wonder............are there stronger gearboxes that fit the 145?
How bad was that...? How much 'abuse' has it had...? I'm pretty sure you can get a ls diff for these cars...

How does the car shape up against the others?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Get the supercharger from a mini copper S.. Few 100 quid.

Do the custom work urself there are loads of supplyers on the internet!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts