Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 CHOLMONDELEY PAGEANT OF POWER
Track action
Over 150 of the best historic racing cars and bikes will be driven at breath taking speeds on the specially constructed track.

This years theme is Bugatti – a name with which the Cholmondeley family has long connections, having been close friends with Ettore Bugatti between the wars.

On the mere
The Cholmondeley Championships will be staging the largest collection of Inshore Powerboats in the UK with World Champions competing in Thundercats, Hydroplanes and both Formula 2 and 4 boats.

From the air
Classic and modern aircraft will be flying in over the weekend, with over 175 private helicopters expected. Military aircraft and civilian static displays along with a Spitfire flypast, parachute action, aerial agility and role demonstrations including a unique display from the Breitling Red Bull aerial display plane.

Military
Army demonstrations with armoured vehicles including the Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, Warrier Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Scimitar Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle, artillery and 4x4 action. The event charity is the Army Benevolent Fund.

Fun for all the family
Including the JCB Dancing Diggers, 4x4 driving experience, period fun fair, go karts and Scalextric racing.

Army assault course, climbing wall and human table football.

Other attractions
Vintage and Classic Motoring Clubs.

Shopping village and Tradestands including auto memorabilia, motorcar trade area and a ‘Country Living’ area.

Cholmondeley Pageant Bar and an excellent choice of high quality food and drinks.

Camping facilities.

Cholmondeley Fireworks Concert
Saturday will conclude with the annual Cholmondeley Fireworks Concert performed by the Manchester Camerata Orchestra. 2009 will have a military theme with marching bands, music ranging from Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries and Star Wars to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture accompanied by real cannon fire and a spectacular fireworks display.

H

·
0 Posts
Bloody hell the price of the tickets hasn't half dropped from last year :D

Wasn't this £40 a ticket last year ?

£15 for a Saturday or Sunday :D

I might have some of that :thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has got to be the biggest car show of the year. Is it worth speaking to the organisers with regards to club displays??? Mates RS owners club have been speaking with them regarding car clubs ect. If we were interested then we have to get a min of 10 cars max of 20.
we will get 20 Free car and driver passes and for passangers there will be discounts. Free camping on the Friday night and £15 on the Sat must be because of concert and fireworks display that evening.

Honest Guys and Girls this show is amazing
boats helicopters car racing alll day
web site is Pageant of Power - 18th & 19th July 2009

H

·
0 Posts
Got the OK off Mrs H for this one I'll be taking advantge of the on line booking what day is best for everyone before I book mine :D

H

·
0 Posts
I'm not bothered what day :D

The Pa in Law is going with us he's gonna love it :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Cant do NAD this year so think i may tag along on this one:D

H

·
0 Posts
I will mate :thumbs:

I'm going Saturday the Pa in Law is well up for this one :D :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's a great venue, we went for the fireworks/music night a few years ago. With that weekend line-up think I'll be heading over in the day this time around. Let me know if the club stand comes off as can give the Ti a once over! Stu.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts