Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently want to buy a 2008 Black Line 147 but have one big problem. The steering wheel. It doesn't have any multi function controls and i'm not sure i can get over it

Anybody on here know how easy they are to add, and if it is relatively cheap?

Not much info out there but I think I need clockspring & new wheel at least

The steering wheel on the seems to have the silver inserts where the controls would be, but no buttons, would never be as easy as just fitting them though surely...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
My 2002 147 lusso had steering wheel controls, I think it should have had them on to begin with, and it may have been changed for an older (maybe 156) steering wheel?

Edit:

Ps; If it has been changed, I imagine it's because it's been in a crash, and the airbag was deployed? I'm not sure if the one without the steering wheel controls has the airbag or not (I bet they're a lot cheaper if they don't have one), but worth doing a full HPI check of your own, if your still considering buying it, I'd say.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
+1 on they don't all have switches but all (recent) Alfas have steering wheel airbags (as has the one in the picture).
The only thing i'd be interested in checking is to see if it really is the trim level that its pretending to be.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
There was a post a couple of weeks back about retrofitting them, I think you need the steering wheel buttons and a loom minimum, I'd guess a clock spring would be required too.

You can use your existing airbag unit.

Have a search for the post, it was around Christmas time, not sure how the chap fared with it though

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Can't find that post anywhere. Everyone is saying the clock spring and steering wheel which would be expected. What is a loom? Possibly a stupid question

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Can't find that post anywhere. Everyone is saying the clock spring and steering wheel which would be expected. What is a loom? Possibly a stupid question
A loom for easy understanding is many wires attached together:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
the seats look odd in the photo ? if its like a GT blackline then they should be leather with red stiching.

if in dought walk away . plenty of other cars out there.

·
Administrator
87,041 Posts
Those are the correct standard seats for the 147 Monza ( in Ireland )
The Blackline ( in the UK ) may have had a different spec as is sometimes the case.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Administrator
87,041 Posts
Is this for the Lusso's? I thought every Lusso had the controls, the same way they all had digital climate controls.

Can anyone 100% confirm this?

I think OA was referring to the OP's 147 Monza/Blackline ;)

AFAIK all Lussos have the radio controls on the steering wheel & digital climate control.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My lusso has this, but tbh, something wears after a while and the buttons don't work as they should.
Mine did this but they are very easy to change and I got a new/used set for a tenner. Just pop the air bag off then remove the blue connectors and then pull out. Took me about 15 mins to do both.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yeah, I looked at mine a while back, just to check the connections, they seemed fine, and worked as they should for a few weeks after!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts